Builder Application: Lionelis: Builder: ACCEPTED

Player name:
Lionelis

How did you find out about us:
Tried to find the source on a picture of Mithlond

How old are you?:

Where are you from?:
Colorado

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?:
Yee

Why do you want to help with this project?:
(I’m just going to copy and paste a lot of this from my last application)

I am a massive Tolkien fan and I have been playing minecraft since its alpha stages. I wish to build and help expand the world in lore friendly ways and introduce my own build style and techniques to the server. I want to learn with the community and help create the best representation of the Tolkien universe that I possibly can. As far as I can see, this project is far more comprehensive than MCME and is worthy of being recognized as such.

(I didn’t realize that so many of you were from MCME or your relationship with them when I wrote this)

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?:
I have read The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, and the Silmarillion. I’ve also seen basically every version of the movies available, including the animated version of The Hobbit. I have also played Shadow of Mordor, Battle for Middle-Earth 2, Third Age, and Return of the King. I take all the video games at face value as none of them are very friendly towards the canon.

Portfolio:
https://imgur.com/a/ktBm1 Vanilla
https://imgur.com/a/W5qyo CR

Plot ID:
11:8
The building on the right has its interior finished.

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?:
I love building in an Elven/asian/nordic style. I consider myself an expert on boat anatomy and I do a lot of work with custom trees. If I had a weak spot, I would say making things look organic or rustic is more difficult for me. Terrain editing is something that I need to get better at, but I intend to learn as much as possible.

Other relevant skills:
I have done a decent amount of texture work for my own variant of conquest for the server that I own. I have been working to make it very vanilla based and accessible to everyone, no matter the capabilities of their machine.

I also run my own server and work a lot with SQL, Java, and PHP.

I know World Edit very well, but I have very limited experience with Voxel Sniper.

End Notes:
If I’ve ever said anything overly strange on the server or discord, chances are I was quite drunk, I’m sorry you had to experience that, try to not remember it.

If you receive a pm from a random person informing you that I hate babies, or that I may be a nazi; don’t worry, that’s normal. You make a few enemies owning a minecraft server.

If you have any questions or requests, feel free to ask.

4 Likes

Good looking builds man, i absolutely love the ships you built :smiley:

Incredible stuff. Your vanilla builds are very impressive and you have clearly taken the time to grasp the CR modpack. Both your exterior and interiors are very well thought out and you have utilised a good variety of blocks. Normally we like promote to apprentice before builder as a way of checking an applicant’s build skills as well as letting them develop a feel for how the server works. However, in your case we feel like you can go straight to builder considering the quality of your portfolio and the fact that your previous application would have got you builder if it weren’t for your work getting in the way.

Welcome to the team!

3 Likes