Builder Application: liam1234567895: ACCEPTED

Player name: liam1234567895

How long have you been a member of this project?: I’ve been on and off the server for 1 week, but only joined the forum and discord yesterday.

How old are you?: 22

Where are you from?: United Kingdom of Great Britain

Are you in our Discord?: Yes

Why do you want to help with this project?: Because I saw a tour of your server on a youtubers channel and was impressed by it! I also enjoy building on minecraft and I enjoy the Tolkien world.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?:

I have read the Hobbit (which is my favourite) and all 3 volumes of the LOTR.
I’ve also seen all the films.

Portfolio:
http://imgur.com/a/UDabO - Dwarven and Harlond Build
For a closer look, my build plot on the server is 5:10.

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: I would say that I am adaptable to whatever style is needed of me at the time. Interiors are my favourite part of a build. Nothing is too difficult so long as I take the time to experiment with the style beforehand; which I always do.

Other relevant info: N/A

2 Likes

The interior work you have done looks really good, and the exterior is not bad either. Could you please try a Dwarven build or Dale style build for us? Good luck!

1 Like

Hi,
I’ve just completed a Dwarven build on my plot, I will try and upload the pictures tomorrow but in the meantime my plot is 5:10 if anyone wants to have a look at it more closely :slight_smile:

I have added a new link on my application, which contains a link to my Harlond and Dwarven Build photos.

The dwarven build looks like it’s up to standards i think, there is room for improvement but it’s good enough. :slight_smile:
For the Harlond house you’d need someone else to judge.

1 Like

I’ve updated my portfolio with pictures of a second Dwarven build.

1 Like

Hey Liam,

Guan has already said your dwarven builds are up to par, so that’s one down. Your Harlond house however can still use some improvement. Even though I’m not Harlond’s leader and will not have a final say on it, there are some general things that you could change.

Instead of adding a massive stoneheap next to the house for a balcony, you could try and add a more graceful, wooden one. You’ve also made stone arches in between wooden pillars, which gives the build a bit of an odd feel. And while I really like that you used the sindarin wooden pillars, their look can be improved if you break them up by using carved blocks at the top and at 2/3 of its total height. The side on which you have made the stone balcony is -while not looking bad at all - also a bit too symmetrical. You could extend one of the identical facades by a few blocks to add extra depth to the build. Your interiors however are pretty good, they don’t feel cluttered, yet they fill up the rooms nicely. Realism is what we’re going for and it fits. Take a look at how the other ceilings in Harlond are done to improve it even more.

More specifically for Harlond, the roof shape diverts from the theme set out by the Harlond guide, and may decrease the builds ability to fit into the larger picture that is Harlond.

Best of luck on improving it, and don’t hesitate to ask for advice. We’re all willing to help out

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback, I’m in the process of making adjustments to my Harlond build but I’ve had some problems with my computer which has meant that the adjustments have taken slightly longer, I think I have now resolved the issues so I will post updated pictures in the next day or two :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve updated my portfolio with my updated Harlond build pictures. I have left the old exterior pictures so that you can compare them. I haven’t included any updated interior pictures because I haven’t made any big adjustments to the interior. :slight_smile:

This looks much better, accepted!

2 Likes