Builder Application: LCDC: REJECTED

Player name: LCDC_1

How did you find out about us?: reddit

How old are you?: 17

Where are you from?: Newport Beach, CA

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?: I probably wont check the forums every few days but I will have discord open whenever I’m online.

Why do you want to help with this project?: I have always loved lotr and I spent hours searching for a server to build lotr themed buildings.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: I have seen the hobbit movies and watched the main trilogy, I am going to read the books soon I just haven’t had time.

Portfolio: https://imgur.com/a/VV0i6P5

Plot ID: 22/7

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: I have a difficult time when it comes to adding decorations and giving the inside of a building life, I’m somewhat decent at landscaping and I am decent at building. Castles and planning for cities is my strongsuit and filling them with adequate buildings can be challenging at times.

Other relevant skills: I can texture when I know the block pallet, (I need to learn the new blocks/texture pack to really shine when it comes to texturing)

1 Like

Hi LCDC, thanks for your application.

I can see you’ve applied a gradient to the side of your house, which is good as we use gradients in lots of ways, from walls to roofs to roads. However your roof doesn’t have a gradient, so I’d look at other Rohan houses for that.

Otherwise, the house is too tall, the roof is the wrong shape, and the interior details are quite far from what we’d accept in a Rohan house. Please have a careful look through /warp rohanguide and builds such as Edoras and Aldburg to understand what we expect to see in a Rohan build, and then have another go.

updated link with updated images

We’ve had a chat over PMs, I’m just waiting for your updated house now

1 Like

Rejected for inactivity