Builder Application : Laiken_: REJECTED

Player name: Laiken_

How did you find out about us ?: When I was searching the CR launcher

How old are you?: 24

Where are you from?: Brittany, France

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?: Yes, and yes. I’m on Discord everyday.

Why do you want to help with this project?: I want to build on a project with the CR, and I love the Tolkien universe so, Ardacraft is a good mix for these two passions.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: I’ve seen all the films (Extended edition of course ! ^^) and read the LOTR books

Portfolio: https://imgur.com/gallery/e6lSooU

There are a Hobbit house and a Rohan house built on the Ardacraft server.
‘+’ a castle, some medieval builds and a Venice plot on the Darwin Reforged server

Plot ID: 23;-7 (Hobbit) and 23;-8 (Rohan)

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: I’m pretty comfortable with occidental medieval style as I’ve always built this since I’m playing Minecraft. So all the “wood and stone” builds are things I’m not bad at. I like doing atmosphere too, to make things living and realistic. I can do some basic terraforming but with the hands, not using Voxel or other tools like that.
I’m not good with organics

Other relevant skills: I’m good in maths, but I don’t think it will help :’)

2 Likes

Hello Laiken! Thank you for your application. The folde(rohan) house looks great. just fix the roof (dead bracken) and i can approve it. It could use a few more decoration blocks(bench, cabinet, chest, etc).

The hobbit build needs to be redone from pretty much scratch however. Make sure to follow the guide at /hobbitguide. I can see what you’ve done and i can agree that it looks good but it looks nothing like any other hobbit house in the entire server. consistency is important, if 2 houses were built around the same time period they would likely look quite the same, look at 1700s paris for example, all buildings follow the same principles.
Back to your build… The issues: its 4 blocks tall. hobbit houses should almost always be 3 blocks tall. The ceiling is supported with arches, it should be stair blocks. Cabinets at 3 block level, hobbit cabinets should be at block 1,2 never 3(They cant reach it). Also think logically, the build has a carpentry workshop but also enough books to open a library (Books are expensive, someone that rich would not be a carpenter). The pantry is too large for a house that small.
Just follow the guide at /Hobbitguide and im sure it will go great.

1 Like

Hey
Thanks for the review.
Indeed it was too tall, but I’ve been told it didn’t seem too big ^^’ Anyway, I’ve redone a house, a poor one this time. Here is the link to the screenshots : https://imgur.com/gallery/WlkNVa2
It is at the 23;-8 plot if you need to see it closer.

Looks great, both houses approved.
The hobbit smial looks spot on and I’m happy to promote you to Apprentice now. Congrats!

Being an Apprentice means you are a part of the project, but not a full Builder yet. You have this rank so you can learn and understand how we build. We have high standards and a focus on realism which means that there are things for you to learn. Your duties as an Apprentice should give you good grounding to become a Builder, and, as such, you will begin your first lot of on-server building work assisting current Builders on their builds. This will hopefully allow you to obtain the experience needed to build on your own when you feel you can start on building something on your own.

When building as an Apprentice, you are only permitted to build on one building at a time. This not only provides you with good practice for your time as a Builder, but also allows project leaders and Overseers to get a good and clear idea of what your building abilities are. This will allow us to give you better and more bespoke feedback, and prevent any unnecessary problems. Keep in mind that you are only allowed to work on something if you have permission from a project leader via an open plot or confirmation if it’s something else. Finally, as an Apprentice you must always listen to project leaders when they give you feedback, criticisms, and tasks. Ask them if you are unsure of what to build, or how to build it. You have this rank to learn. In order to eventually obtain Builder, please read the guidelines below:
When you build a house in a project and think it is finished, you should add an ‘Awaiting Approval’ block above your build. The project leader will assess your build and give you fair feedback, asking you to update your build, or approving it. When your building is approved, you may add it to this thread, stating what your build was, which project it is a part of, and its coordinates (X,Z). For example:

Upper class hobbit home, Longbottom.
Coords: -1328, 408

When you have achieved a standard of building that matches the basic standard of the server, you will be promoted to Builder. This requires you to build at least 5 buildings in differing styles, for example two hobbit houses, two Tharbad ruins and a Rohan home.

ArdaCraft is a friendly community that explores the freedom to create and build together. However, when we are dealing with an enormous project like this there are some guidelines we need to follow to make it work. Firstly, always name and date the stuff you build. We have a set of project blocks that we use - you can read about those in the new player guide at ‘/warp spawn’. Secondly, if you are looking for something to help out with, you can type ‘/warp jobs’. This is where you can find all open jobs like building houses or something similar. You will be provided with instructions on how to get to these projects, and what to build once you get there. Thirdly, do not be afraid to ask members for help and get to know us. This is a community project and it’s important to be part of the community! Stay active on Discord and the forums. Make sure to let an Overseer know who you are on Discord so that he can give you the appropriate rank on there. On a final note, please remember that Apprentice is not a permanent rank, so we require a certain level of activity during your progression. Being active fewer than once a month will result in your application being rejected.

You are welcome to contact me on discord if you have any questions!

5 Likes

Moria testing plots - Dinning hall - Epoch 2
Coords : -480, 2544

2 Likes

Moria - Secret Way - Rest hall 2 - Epoch 2
Coords : 1383, 27, 2030

1 Like

Rejected for inactivity

1 Like