Builder Application: Kabuto Drip: REJECTED

Player name: KabutoDrip

How did you find out about us?: The Modpack server list

How old are you?: 17

Where are you from?: United States

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?:
Yes I use discord every day

Why do you want to help with this project?: I want to put my time building towards something productive instead of useless creative worlds nobody will see, I also think learning from better builders would be helpful.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen, or listened to?: All movies, read The Hobbit, and read Tolkein an illustrated Atlas

Portfolio: Application Pics - Google Drive

Plot ID: (-5,19),(-4,18)

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: I struggle with organic shapes and excel in incorporating landscape into a build. I would like to work on Rohan and Hobbit builds or large monuments but would like to avoid Elven builds

Other relevant skills: Novice programmer(have made minuscule plugins)

5 Likes

I built a new 3rd build now that I have a little more practice
It is a Borgund Stave Church from Norway, I looked at the interior and exterior reference images and combined what I saw into what I built here: Borgund Stave Church - Google Drive

2 Likes

I also edited the Rohan roofs to be more realistic:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FMhCqJr6a70qzgXFQNao8Totj8oyDyDa/view?usp=sharing
And I reshaped the roof of my hobbit house as per request:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n_Q3qeWUezcz-48ipWSmM3b631rWkMzt/view?usp=sharing,%20https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xhJ2zlbouFcoXLhXJhjzaJrnSPhzWy54/view?usp=sharing

4 Likes

Hey Kabuto, looking pretty good so far and starting to get really close.

Pertaining to the Rohan style, I think the roof gradient still needs some more work I think it’s just lacking on parts that aren’t just the chimney. Pertaining to the louvre (chimney), I would look at more examples on the main map. They’re fairly simple to add in but we have designs that we do use that I think you should just look at. The full thatch block shouldn’t protrude the cieling also.

Rohan Interior wise. Look out for eye sores.

• The banners as well as the 4 campfires in a row is distracting. If you look through our paintings by selecting one and pressing C you can scroll through and find nice Rohan banners.
  • For the fireplace, I’d recommend using the small racks as a border. These fires would be contained in something.

Pertaining to the Shire, I think your exterior is fairly nice except for the 2 window blocks right next to each other, this can be distracting from the simplicity that’s going on. Also if you have fires on, you need smoke from the chimney, use the cloud block!

Shire Interior wise, I think you’re starting to understand the comf needed, but layout wise it doesn’t make much sense.

• A bathroom does need something to heat water, but you put something of a living room size fireplace in the bathroom.
  • The bathroom also has a dirty floor? I would just use tile.
  • The furnace you used in the bedroom is metal and then you put brick on top of it. A fire in the living room could warm a whole house of this size. I don’t think you need a furnace in the bedroom.

I think before you start an interior, take the time and map out the walls and think about if this is a family? how many live here? Where are the chimneys? This will help you gauge where to put each room and it could end up being rather snug. As of right now it seems like 2 hobbit children live alone. But I think build wise you’re getting really close on this also!

Looking really good so far Kabuto. Keep it up!

3 Likes

Rejected due to inactivity. Please contact an overseer or myself when you decide to reconsider.

2 Likes