Builder Application: Jojut REJECTED

[Please delete everything in brackets]

Player name: Jojut

How did you find out about us: Youtube and some friends

How old are you?: 15

Where are you from?: Germany

**Are you in our Discord? : ye

Why do you want to help with this project?: cause i love Tolkins world and i like building, especially medieval buildings. I built very long in singleplayer on a lotr map but i think work in a building team fits me more.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: All Films the lotr books and hobbit audiobook

Portfolio:

(i can just upload 1 image) ):

Plot ID: -16:14

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: I like to build dwarven styles but other styles are also exciting

Other relevant skills: Nah not really

[If there’s any additional questions that you think are necessary or could be useful, or any amendments you’d like to make to the current questions, please post after making your thread.]

1 Like

You can use imgur and create albums, it helps a lot. Anyways, it’s a good attempt at the dwarven style, but i don’t think you’re quite there yet, looking at the image shown here.

Hey Jojut
Thanks for your application and interest for our server. :slight_smile:

I want you to build a Rohan house in the style at ./warp Stipel. A family of 6, make sure to include a garden and a shed for some tools. Take a close look at the block palette, interior/furniture choice, and so on.

Take your time and have fun. Good luck

-Kemce

How did you find out about us: Some friends and yt

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?: ye

Why do you want to help with this project?: i love building in minecraft and building in a team fits me more than just build by myself i also like to build medieval especially lotr style

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: All films hobbit and lotr hobbit audiobook adn the Lord of the rings books
Portfolio: https://imgur.com/a/7hysWqK

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: I like dwarven style but also human buildings

Other relevant skills: i pretty good in worldedit and stuff like that

Hello there Jojut thanks for applying to Ardacraft.

I will go in on some of your dwarven stuff mainly the house u included as ur portfolio.
U have potential however this dwarven inn isnt up to standard at this moment. Some of ur mistakes include using wrong blocks in different places and having some weird celings going on. i will note down some of the bigger mistakes in this comment.

1. weird use of blocks on your facade

On ur facade u stacked 3 dwarven blocks with engravings of wich 2 layers are the same block. Its best to avoid using the same block in 2 stacked rows like u have done in the picture above try to keep it more simple spamming dwavren engravings might sound like a good plan but doesnt look good.

1. useless chimney is useless

In ur main tavern room u made this fireplace, it doesnt work tho. some one with a good eye might spot that the fire is in front of the fireplace and not in it.This means it wont guide the smoke to the chimney but just straight into the room. this is a good design of a fireplace wich would guide the smoke to the chimeny and make sure it doesnt get into the room.

2. using blocks wrong or triggering me.

In photo 1 u used gray tiles as a celing texture and wall texture. It is a ground texture u use for floors and doesnt really work anywhere else but on floors so in the future dont use these as wall textures or celing textures. Also what is this thing in the toillet supposed to be at all?

In the second photo u used the block correctly however the pillar is only 1 high this is a general no no as it looks weird and triggers most dwarven builders on the server. For pillars there is bassicly an unwritten rule that the should be at least 2 high or more.

1. useless space dug out because?

At the top of this staircase u got this going on.

the red wall shows where u should really have ur wall. All the space u have behind it now has been dug out for nothing really and also doesnt look that good as u did the same thing as in point 1 and stacked 3 textures wich never looks good really. Remeber dwarves have to carve out everything in the house, so this just doenst make a lot of sense to dig out when u end up doing nothing with the space.

1. In general u made some pretty wacky celings. For example u spammed a lot of mosaic blocks wich are quite high class already so u should never really spam them but also were flat and a dwarven celing needs to have a curve to it or it would just collapse.

These were some point about ur house that were most notable. As for ur application i would suggest making another dwavren house using the house of /warp Thguide as an example and keep it small this time as this build was huge wich it didnt really need to be for ur application. u have potential but u just use some blocks in the wrong way at the moment and in general make some questionable decisions.

Hope I dont demotivate u by giving u this feedback and i really hope u have to motivation to make a new (but way smaller) house and make something that is up to standard. Good luck!!

6 Likes

Hey there. Thanks for applying. Your rohan stuff is decent! And it can be improved on. Be sure to keep in mind the blocks you use within your houses. Try to stray away from paper, and cupboards, and fancy bedding etc. Also don’t use that much stone, especially stone brick, for your house floor. I recommend checking out /warp fh14 or /warp fh15 to see good historically accurate anglo-saxon houses. Also your houses are a bit too wide and can be longer. Take a look at said homesteads and fix your current ones up! Don’t be discouraged, it’s difficult to figure out at first.

How did you find out about us: Youtube and some friends

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?: yep

Why do you want to help with this project?: cause i love Tolkins world and i like building in minecraft. I built very long in singleplayer on a lotr map but i think work in a building team fits me more.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: All Films the lotr books and hobbit audiobook

Portfolio: https://imgur.com/a/DOQ1vV0

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: So ye i thought im good at dwarven style, but in the time i have built on this server i noticed, that i have some problems with it and that the rohan style fits me more

Other relevant skills: nope

im open for feedback and i hope it is finally good enough for the application

1 Like

Quick thing. You dont need to make a new topic on every update you do one your application. Just update your old one

1 Like

Merged the threads. @Jojut Please update your application in this thread in the future.

Rejected due to inactivity