Builder application: Idunnoaboutaname: REJECTED

Player name: Idunnoaboutaname

How did you find out about us?: youtube

How old are you?: 21

Where are you from?: The Netherlands

**Are you in our Discord? Y
es, my username is Idunnoaboutaname

Why do you want to help with this project?: I just realy liked tolkiens work, and building in conquest so why not combine them?

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: I red the lord of the rings and the hobbit. I saw the movies

Portfolio: https://imgur.com/a/phSlUg2

Plot ID: 24:0

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: Im good in medival realism. and terrain. I have some dificulty with building water structures [rivers lakes etc…]

Other relevant skills: Nothing worthy of mentoining.

BUILDS:

Fruit im done with my first build: 4684.401 26.75000: Combe low house class

Second build: 4667.552 29.00000: Combe high class house

Third build: 13096.512 60.00000 13766.598 : Rondgeld gate section ruinend

Fourth build: 17469.300 39.00000 16260.300: Minas Tirith, middle class house

Fifth build: -9767.256 50.00000 -10186.002: lemon tree

Sixth build: -159.931 89.74393 2547.228: Moria practise plot

2 Likes

A good thing to note before someone officially replies to your application, you appear to not be using the AC overlay. This is absolutely necessary when working on our server, and you can find it here:

Be sure to use version 2.3!
Also, your app looks pretty promising! :wink:

5 Likes

We’ve talked in voice chat and you seem to have understood the feedback, even though there’s still some minor mistakes, I think it’d be more useful for you to work in 1.15 than to make another house in a style we won’t really use anymore. Welcome to the team!

Being an Apprentice means you are a part of the project, but not a full Builder yet. You have this rank so you can learn and understand how we build. We have high standards and a focus on realism which means that there are things for you to learn. Your duties as an Apprentice should give you good grounding to become a Builder, and, as such, you will begin your first lot of on-server building work assisting current Builders on their builds. This will hopefully allow you to obtain the experience needed to build on your own when you feel you can start on building something on your own.

When building as an Apprentice, you are only permitted to build on one building at a time. This not only provides you with good practice for your time as a Builder, but also allows project leaders and Overseers to get a good and clear idea of what your building abilities are. This will allow us to give you better and more bespoke feedback, and prevent any unnecessary problems. Keep in mind that you are only allowed to work on something if you have permission from a project leader via an open plot or confirmation if it’s something else. Finally, as an Apprentice you must always listen to project leaders when they give you feedback, criticisms, and tasks. Ask them if you are unsure of what to build, or how to build it. You have this rank to learn.

In order to eventually obtain Builder, please read the guidelines below:
When you build a house in a project and think it is finished, you should add an ‘Awaiting Approval’ block above your build. The project leader will assess your build and give you fair feedback, asking you to update your build, or approving it. When your building is approved, you may add it to this thread, stating what your build was, which project it is a part of, and its coordinates (X,Z). For example:
Upper class hobbit home, Longbottom.
Coords: -1328, 408

When you have achieved a standard of building that matches the basic standard of the server, you will be promoted to Builder. This requires you to build at least 5 buildings in differing styles, for example two hobbit houses, two Tharbad ruins and a Rohan home.

ArdaCraft is a friendly community that explores the freedom to create and build together. However, when we are dealing with an enormous project like this there are some guidelines we need to follow to make it work. Firstly, always name and date the stuff you build. We have a set of project blocks that we use - you can read about those in the new player guide at ‘/warp spawn’. Secondly, if you are looking for something to help out with, you can type ‘/warp jobs’. This is where you can find all open jobs like building houses or something similar. You will be provided with instructions on how to get to these projects, and what to build once you get there. Thirdly, do not be afraid to ask members for help and get to know us. This is a community project and it’s important to be part of the community! Stay active on Discord and the forums. Make sure to let an Overseer know who you are on Discord so that he can give you the appropriate rank on there. On a final note, please remember that Apprentice is not a permanent rank, so we require a certain level of activity during your progression. Being active fewer than once a month will result in your application being rejected.

3 Likes

Due to repeated issues with your behaviour I’m rejecting this application. You can re-apply after a minimum of one year.

3 Likes