Builder Application: Herrinator: REJECTED

Player name: Herrinator

How did you find out about us ? : Youtube

How old are you? : 23

Where are you from? : Germany

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days? : Yes, checking the forum every few days is fine.

Why do you want to help with this project? : I love your attention to detail to both Tolkien’s work as well as historical and scientific facts. I would like to support that.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to? : Silmarillion, Hobbit, LOTR, bunch of lore stuff on youtube

Portfolio : https://imgur.com/a/BoAXTnT
I tried to follow along the Tutorial for Rohan buildings. The property is supposed to belong to a middle class Ridder of the Rohirrim.

Plot ID : -8; 20

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with? : I like building smaller projects like houses, camps and small fortresses. I also really like working to make builds fit into a landscape and make things look “natural”.

Other relevant skills : Studied history for a bit and am currently learning a lot about the natural world.

Thank you for reading. Looking forward to Feedback.

7 Likes

Hello Herrinator thank you for applying on ardacraft!
youre rohan house is looking good however there are a couple things i would like you to change mainly the roof edges. You have extended the thatch 1 block outside the wall wich looks good but it doesnt really make any sense the thatch would fall down if not supported the other thing i would like you to change is to use more then 1 version of the bed block adding different colored ones would improve the look.

Youre shire house is also looking pretty good only things i would like you to change is try to avoid making furniture with only the plank block and stone block it would look nicer if you for example used a table block or some cupboards to give it a texture other than that i think its good and i think youre ready for apprentice.
Being an Apprentice means you are a part of the project, but not a full Builder yet. You have this rank so you can learn and understand how we build. We have high standards and a focus on realism which means that there are things for you to learn. Your duties as an Apprentice should give you good grounding to become a Builder, and, as such, you will begin your first lot of on-server building work assisting current Builders on their builds. This will hopefully allow you to obtain the experience needed to build on your own when you feel you can start on building something on your own.

When building as an Apprentice, you are only permitted to build on one building at a time. This not only provides you with good practice for your time as a Builder, but also allows project leaders and Overseers to get a good and clear idea of what your building abilities are. This will allow us to give you better and more bespoke feedback, and prevent any unnecessary problems. Keep in mind that you are only allowed to work on something if you have permission from a project leader via an open plot or confirmation if it’s something else. Finally, as an Apprentice you must always listen to project leaders when they give you feedback, criticisms, and tasks. Ask them if you are unsure of what to build, or how to build it. You have this rank to learn.

2 Likes

Rejected for inactivity.