Builder Application: Hellaroh: ACCEPTED

Player name: Tobsie7UK

How did you find out about us: I was browsing for Lord of the Rings themed servers and found this.

How old are you?: 15

Where are you from?: England, United Kingdom

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?: Yes.

Why do you want to help with this project?: I am a really big LOTR fan and really wanted to be a part of this project.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?:
Watched: All Hobbit films, All LOTR films.
Read: The Hobbit, The Fellowship, The Two Towers.

Portfolio: https://imgur.com/a/L8M91kZ

Plot ID: 36:35

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: I am pretty good with Men and Shire builds, such as Rohan, but have difficulty with elven builds.

I look forward to building on the server. I am also quite new to conquest reforged.

1 Like

Hi Tobsie, thank you for applying. I will say that the overall shape of your builds is good, but the interiors are a bit bland. If you haven’t already, please take a look at the ingame Lorien and Folde guides, as well as completed houses in those areas, and see what you can do to improve your builds. And always feel free to message me or another Overseer on Discord if you have any questions.

1 Like

I have updated it, please check the imgur link.

1 Like

Hello Tobsie, your Rohan house looks good now. Your Lorien house is also good, even if you have almost copied the guide block by block, but that is not that much of a problem. Therefore, we decided to promote you to apprentice. Welcome to the team!

Being an Apprentice means you are a part of the project, but not a full Builder yet. You have this rank so you can learn and understand how we build. We have high standards and a focus on realism which means that there are things for you to learn. Your duties as an Apprentice should give you good grounding to become a Builder, and, as such, you will begin your first lot of on-server building work assisting current Builders on their builds. This will hopefully allow you to obtain the experience needed to build on your own when you feel you can start on building something on your own.

When building as an Apprentice, you are only permitted to build on one building at a time. This not only provides you with good practice for your time as a Builder, but also allows project leaders and Overseers to get a good and clear idea of what your building abilities are. This will allow us to give you better and more bespoke feedback, and prevent any unnecessary problems. Finally, as an Apprentice you must always listen to project leaders when they give you feedback, criticisms, and tasks. Ask them if you are unsure of what to build, or how to build it. You have this rank to learn.

In order to eventually obtain Builder, please read the guidelines below.

When you build a house in a project and think it is finished, you should post a comment on this application thread with the closest warp and coordinates of your house. Then Builders or Overseers will comment on this thread and give you fair feedback. When you have achieved a standard of building that matches the basic standard of the server, you will be promoted to Builder. This could be on your first build or one further down the line. ArdaCraft is a friendly community that explores the freedom to create and build together. However, when we are dealing with an enormous project like this there are some guidelines we need to follow to make it work.

• Firstly, always name the stuff you build. We have a set of project blocks that we use - you can read about those in the new player guide at ‘/warp spawn’.

• Secondly, if you are looking for something to help out with, you can type ‘/warp jobs’. This is where you can find all open jobs like building houses or something similar. You will be provided with instructions on how to get to these projects, and what to build once you get there.

• Thirdly, do not be afraid to ask members for help and get to know us. This is a community project and it’s important to be part of the community! Stay active on Discord and the forums. Make sure to let us know who you are on Discord so that we can give you the appropriate rank on there.

Good luck!

5 Likes

I have built a barn in Edoras section 5
/warp edoras
10430.058 / 67.00 / 12929.821

3 Likes

I have built a house in Edoras section 5
/warp edoras
10383.533 / 75.00 / 12904.511

3 Likes

I have edited the house in Edoras section 5
/warp edoras
10383.533 / 75.00 / 12904.511

3 Likes

I have built two little homes in the Dunland Village.
5863 / 52 / 7965

2 Likes

I have built tents in the Westemnet camps
WEC1: 12174 / 28 / 10572
WEC2: 11619 / 26 / 10126
WEC3: 11311 / 30 / 9911

I also built some toilets, laundry and hitching posts at these locations.

3 Likes

I have built a tent at WOC3.
12978 / 62 / 9161

I also built a Horse running area at the same camp.
13028 / 60 / 9147

2 Likes

I have built a drainage ditch in WEV3. It is still awaiting approval.
9358 / 31 / 10884
/warp WEV3

2 Likes

I helped Fruit make all the planning signs in WOC4.

/warp WOC4

1 Like

Alright you’ve done quite a lot, so welcome to the team! You’ll be promoted to builder.

1 Like

So as you may know I’m not the best at building, and I agreed with the overseers that it would be good for me to spend a little more time as an apprentice to polish up my building skills as I am quite active on the server and get involved in a lot of projects. So here I am again! I would greatly appreciate any help or tips to guide me. Thanks!

8 Likes

I made a farm outside of Dun Thuaidh (my village in the North Clan).
coords: 7415 / 7725
nearest warp: /warp dun thuaidh

not sure if it counts bc it’s been put on hold, something to with Whee changing all the upland farms or something so it will most likely be redone soon. Thought I’d put it here anyway.

1 Like

I’ve been layering paths. Lots of paths. All around Dunland. Ask Fruit to confirm. Can’t really add a warp or coordinates bc I’ve done a lot, though the place I’ve done the most is probably around Cae Uchel.

4 Likes

I built a house in Scary.
/warp scary
coords: -589 / 29 / -1036

2 Likes

I built a house in Budgeford
/warp budgeford
-404 / 25 / -671

2 Likes