Builder Application :GuiguiXs: ACCEPTED

Player name: GuiguiX’s (it’s the account of a friend, i’ve lost my account, when i will have repaid minecraft my name will be Hermann)

How did you find out about us: On PlanetMinecraft and Dukonred1

How old are you?: 16 years old

Where are you from?: France

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?: Yes

Why do you want to help with this project?: I want to help this project because I like the work of Tolkien and I look for good Minecraft server reproducing the Middle-Earth, and I would like to be part of this project to reproduce the most faithfully possible the world of Tolkien, who was my favorite fictional universe.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: I’ve seen all the films of Peter Jackson and the two films (by Bakshi and Bass),and I read all the books of Tolkien.

Portfolio: https://imgur.com/a/6HUuf

Plot ID: 22 : -21

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: I don’t really have any difficulties with a particular construction style even though I like the dwarf and elven style. Even though I find the beorning style a little harder than the others, probably because mostly of the beorning houses are in diagonal and I’ve difficulty to build in diagonal.

Other relevant skills: Photoshop, 3D modelling, texturing
Some examples : https://imgur.com/a/n9U91

Thanks for reading

8 Likes

Thanks for applying!

Nice application, I can see you have done 3 houses in different styles, that is good. I will give you apprentice rank, but keep the points below in mind for future building:

• Use more time on your ceilings in the future, look at how we do them on the server, I find the way you make support beams in the ceiling a bit unrealistic. Especially this one: Here and this .

• Beorning house should have at least 3 blocks from floor to ceiling.

• Avoid making carpets like this.

• Why is the easel thing in the ceiling?

• Your exteriors still needs some work, they are not perfect. I know it will be easier to do good exteriors when you build in our world. Where you can look at house examples right next to your house. Just keep in mind, to copy ideas from other houses and use a lot of inspiration from them is alright. But like here for the instant you have used trapdoors in a line to make detail, looks like you have no more ideas on how to make more details. In such situations, copy a window design from another house or ask for help. That side of the house looks unfinished and to flat.

Yea, there is room for improvements, just ask builders for help and suggestion when building here on the server.

Edit* Ask overssers or admin for apprentice rank when you are online.

Good luck

-Kemce

Being an Apprentice means you are a part of the project, but not a full Builder yet. You have this rank, so you can learn and understand how we build. We have high standards and a focus on realism, That means there are things for you to learn. Here’s how to get Builder:

When you build a house in a project and think it is finished, you should post a comment on this application thread with the closest warp and coordinates of your house. Then builders or overseers will comment on this thread and give you fair feedback. When you have made a house on your first try up to our standards, you will be promoted to Builder.

ArdaCraft is a friendly community that explores the freedom to create and build together. However, when we are dealing with an enormous project like this there are some guidelines we need to follow to make it work.

Firstly, always name the stuff you build. We have a set of project blocks that we use - you can read about those in the new player guide at ‘/warp spawn’.

Secondly, if you are looking for something to help out with, you can type ‘/warp jobs’. This is where you can find all open jobs like building houses or something similar. You will be provided with instructions on how to get to these projects, and what to build once you get there.

Thirdly, do not be afraid to ask members for help and get to know us. This is a community project and it’s important to be part of the community! Stay active on Discord and the forums. Make sure to let Fornad know who you are on Discord so that he can give you the appropriate rank on there.

6 Likes

I Make a Beorning Mason at Burh3 : /warp burh3, it’s the first house on the left. Oriol and Beetheven helped me for the interior

Hey again. Your house at Burh3 is pretty good. Even though the exterior is quite simple I think it works for burh3. However, I think there are a few things you need to fix with your interior:

Try to redo the kitchen corner, It looks like you have placed some random blocks on top of each other. Take a close look at other kitchen designs. Also, make sure not carrots are flying in the midair.

The clothline are ending midair, make sure it is always connected from a point a to b.

Maybe project leader has something more to comment on this house? Anyway, I’m looking forward to your next house. Good luck.

3 Likes

I’ll be sure to give you a run for your money, block for block analysation of your burh3 house sometime today/tomorrow

2 Likes

I make a Dwarven cartmaker house in Thorin’s Hall in the Woodworker’s Row : -7155 ; 64 ; -2555. Apti fix some interior stuffs

Sorry bit late, anyways here’s what you should fix

Exterior

• Your exterior facades are decent, and although there’s nothing inherently wrong with them, they’re a bit uninspired and uncreative, try to make it look a bit different than the rest of the houses (you can see how I’ve tried to change the repetitive style up a bit with the two houses I worked on). It would be good for you to try and figure out how to break up the flat and boring facade you have, in my case I played around with depth and jutting out the lower portion of the house.
  • Try to avoid having your log blocks be unconnected (when the log block has 4 different logs on it). You can either remove whatever is making them unconnected or add something over them that makes it less obvious
  • Find some more interesting blocks to use for the house, so far you’ve just used the same blocks that the others have used, which is fair enough if you’re trying not to make anything that doesn’t fit with the style, but you should use your creativity a bit more to break up the bland colors.

Interior

• I’ve noticed you’ve gotten some help already with your interior roofs. The way you’ve layed out your first floor with the beams is okay, but again it looks a bit lazy and could do with some extra walls and a less organized ‘gridded’ approach, nothing too bad though.
  • My main advice i’d give for you interior is to properly show which room is which. So far you’ve just scattered all types of things across the room (kitchen/dining/storage etc). Every room or part of the house should have its own purpose, this also links into what I was saying before about laying your house interior out more naturally. Also, avoid having storage blocks scattered around throughout the house.
  • Other than having beds lying in the middle of the hallway on the second story, the rest of it is fairly decent.

So yeah, fix up these things and I can approve your house. I’ll take care of the outside, seeing as some of it has to be layed out properly.

4 Likes

I make a Dwarven cratemaker house in TH in the Woodworker’s Row, the only house on the left side of the road, a little further down from the previous house.

1 Like

Approved. Don’t be afraid to change the surroundings of a house so that they fit better. Just carve away some rock so you can make diagonals work. And don’t forget to add proper support for ceilings. This being said, you managed to stick to the style set in Thorin’s Halls quite well in your first house, and therefore i’ll approve this application. Keep pushing yourself, and keep asking for advice! It’s the only way to learn.

5 Likes