Builder Application: Gelfleen REJECTED

Player name: Gelfleen

How did you find out about us: Youtube videos, also used to play on MCME in around 2012 - 2013. been looking for a middle-earth project similar but with more detail (conquest etc) and found you.

How old are you?: 17

Where are you from?: England, Nottingham

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?: Yes, always on discord and check forums very regularly.

Why do you want to help with this project?: I’ve been in love with Tolkien’s works since I was a kid and would love to see his works reproduced in a detailed world that can be walked around in. It’s really intriguing to me. You also already have an amazing foundation in the way of terrain which is equally compelling. I would just love to help!

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: Read the Silmarillion, The tale of Beren and Lúthien, The hobbit, Fellowship of the ring, listened to the audio books of two towers and return of the king. I’m relatively well versed in the extended works and the history of middle earth, if that is any help at all. I’ve also watched all LOTR films and Hobbit films. Played on MCME years ago (2012+), and also have been playing LOTRO for most of my life, not that that really helps anything as alot of it isn’t canon !

Portfolio: https://imgur.com/a/uBMsxD6

Plot ID: -3:-24

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: i would say i’m better at elven style builds. I struggle more with terrain etc. also very eager to learn.

Other relevant skills: graphic design, general art. https://methoddesign.carbonmade.com/

5 Likes

This is a very good app and the two buildings you’ve got definitely show that you’re a competent builder. Could you try building a Westfold house just so that we can double check your building skills. Have a look around Westfold in game and see if you can make a decently sized house that holds 5-10 people.

Once you’re done please add some screenshots to the album and post a message on this thread to notify us. Thanks and I look forward to seeing what you can do

2 Likes

Personally your Lothlorien house is a little lacking, in my opinion. https://gyazo.com/c3567ea89327bcd969b8ed1b3b4c8b73
Try and make those walls a little less plain (at least have an arch shape or multiple arches and not just a flat birch carving there), and structurally sound. Even if the elves there are fantasy, you need to work on getting it to at least look a little more art-nouveau with natural shapes rather than hard lines. I’d suggest looking around LV1 for more inspiration. Your roof is pretty good shape-wise, but looking at the top of the closeup snapshot I took, I wouldn’t have a wood border going horizontally across the bottom eaves of the roof (you can have them on the facades still, but think about it. IRL you wouldn’t need to nail planks across. It’s just an unnecessary line that disrupts the flow of the build).

3 Likes

of course. cheers for feedback. I’ll fix it as soon as i have time! Really appreciate the help.

Thankyou! I will get to it as soon as possible, will let you know when i’ve finished.

Rejected due to inactivity.