Builder Application: Fuchsia100: REJECTED

Player name: Fuchsia100

How did you find out about us: Downloaded conquest reforged and saw this server, also from DukeOnRed on youtube.

How old are you?: 14 (almost 15)

Where are you from?: England

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?: Yes, yes, and yes.

Why do you want to help with this project?: I really want to be a part of what is happening here, the amount of detail and love put into this server is amazing and I want to help out.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: Seen all of the Hobbits and LOTRs. Also read the Hobbit and the first LOTR book.

Portfolio: https://imgur.com/a/0hUHG1x

Plot ID: -6:36

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: I have’nt had much time to discover what I’m good and bad at, but I would say I prefer doing exteriors, gardens, farms/fields, and more natural things. Interiors are still a bit hard.

Other relevant skills: Quite a bit of experience with WorldPainter, WorldMachine and WorldEdit.

P.S my internet connection is extremely bad (trust me)

6 Likes

Really impressive builds, for being your first time building these styles, good job! I have some complaints about the Rohan builds, but they are very minor: don’t use those railings on the roof, don’t make a lot of sense, and you’d never see them on Rohan houses. You did a good job creating a gradient towards the lower part of the roof, but also have some gray thatch around the openings where the smoke is let off. Your beam system on the outside is a bit too much, try and keep it more minimal. Finally, don’t have a cellar, just get rid of it. If I recall correctly, some upper class houses can have them (not sure about that though), but this isn’t an upper class house you’ve built, so remove it. Otherwise, excellent work.

I have changed the roof supports, added grey smoke around the smoke openings, and gotten rid of the cellar.

I’d like to apologize. Told you to get rid of the cellar, that was incorrect of me.

Thats ok, lots of people were saying most rohan houses didn’t have them.

2 Likes

Alright not bad so far, think you could build a middle class hobbit house aswell?

I mean I can try, give me a few days

Finished building a middle-class hobbit house, screenshots added to the imgur album.

2 Likes

Very nice work, this is good enough to for Apprentice.

Being an Apprentice means you are a part of the project, but not a full Builder yet. You have this rank so you can learn and understand how we build. We have high standards and a focus on realism which means that there are things for you to learn. Your duties as an Apprentice should give you good grounding to become a Builder, and, as such, you will begin your first lot of on-server building work assisting current Builders on their builds. This will hopefully allow you to obtain the experience needed to build on your own when you feel you can start on building something on your own. When building as an Apprentice, you are only permitted to build on one building at a time. This not only provides you with good practice for your time as a Builder, but also allows project leaders and Overseers to get a good and clear idea of what your building abilities are. This will allow us to give you better and more bespoke feedback, and prevent any unnecessary problems. Finally, as an Apprentice you must always listen to project leaders when they give you feedback, criticisms, and tasks. Ask them if you are unsure of what to build, or how to build it. You have this rank to learn.

In order to eventually obtain Builder, please read the guidelines below: When you build a house in a project and think it is finished, you should post a comment on this application thread with the closest warp and coordinates of your house. Then Builders or Overseers will comment on this thread and give you fair feedback. When you have achieved a standard of building that matches the basic standard of the server, you will be promoted to Builder. This could be on your first build or one further down the line. ArdaCraft is a friendly community that explores the freedom to create and build together. However, when we are dealing with an enormous project like this there are some guidelines we need to follow to make it work. Firstly, always name the stuff you build. We have a set of project blocks that we use - you can read about those in the new player guide at ‘/warp spawn’. Secondly, if you are looking for something to help out with, you can type ‘/warp jobs’. This is where you can find all open jobs like building houses or something similar. You will be provided with instructions on how to get to these projects, and what to build once you get there. Thirdly, do not be afraid to ask members for help and get to know us. This is a community project and it’s important to be part of the community! Stay active on Discord and the forums. Make sure to let an Overseer know who you are on Discord so that he can give you the appropriate rank on there.

There should be some new stuff opening in the next few days.

Built a camp house at WOC6 X 13263 Z 7874

1 Like

Built 2 houses in WOC3 at X:12997 Z:9164 and X:12989 Z:9177

Built a ditch section at Caras Galadhon at X:12359 Z:5293.

Small tent in WOC2 X:12496 Z:9640

1 Like

Filled in some holes in Lond Daer river

2 Likes

I built the post office in Willowbottom at x -257 z 250

1 Like

I’ve made 2 ruins in /warp Ctown3 with my names above them

2 Likes

Hey Fuchsia,

Need to see a bit more activity on your app so we can get you to reach Builder. If you’re too busy or otherwise unable please let us know.

@Fuchsia100 has agreed to close his apprentice app for now until he has more time to resume in the future. Please DM any overseer when you’re up to it again!