Builder Application: fruittuitella: ACCEPTED

Player name: fruittuitella

How did you find out about us: I saw a youtube video on a tour through Harlond, I just loved how many details were used and the realism this project demands, and thought i’d take a look.

How old are you?: 17

Where are you from?: The Netherlands

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?: I understand that i must have Discord running at all times, I already have that most of the time so it shouldn’t be a problem. And yes, i will check the forums every few days.

Why do you want to help with this project?: I love the project and love the idea of combining my (and with me many other people) favorite fantasy with the game i’ve been playing since 2012/2013. Also, i love the community already, everyone is so friendly and willing to help and answer all your questions.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: I watched all six movies over and over again, it wouldn’t surprise me if i’ve seen them all 30 times. Also i read all The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings trilogy (In Dutch), and I’m reading The Silmarillion at the moment, in 2 weeks time I’m almost halfway through, after I finished it I’m planning on reading The Hobbit and LOTR again.

Portfolio: https://imgur.com/user/Fruittuitella Rohan House, Dunland House, Hobbit House. Since i can’t place more than 2 seperate links i can’t post links to all 3 different houses, so i just gave you the link to my profile itself, where the only posts are of my 3 houses: Rohan House, Dunland House, Hobbit House.
https://imgur.com/gallery/7osluDc link to all houses

Plot ID: 28:6 (Rohan House, Dunland House, Hobbit House)

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: Not particularly any style from my experience (which is building 3 different houses) but i do have some difficulty with the blending of the roof colors, since I’m colorblind, not extremely but it does give me more difficulty with those kind of things.

Other relevant skills: I’m a quick learner, have used World-Edit, I know some advanced things, but not everything. Have used Worldpainter a few times but not really experienced with it. Plenty of experience with Minecraft itself.

4 Likes

Very nice. There’s always room for improvement, but it looks like you’re ready for Apprentice.

Being an Apprentice means you are a part of the project, but not a full Builder yet. You have this rank so you can learn and understand how we build. We have high standards and a focus on realism which means that there are things for you to learn. Your duties as an Apprentice should give you good grounding to become a Builder, and, as such, you will begin your first lot of on-server building work assisting current Builders on their builds. This will hopefully allow you to obtain the experience needed to build on your own when you feel you can start on building something on your own. When building as an Apprentice, you are only permitted to build on one building at a time. This not only provides you with good practice for your time as a Builder, but also allows project leaders and Overseers to get a good and clear idea of what your building abilities are. This will allow us to give you better and more bespoke feedback, and prevent any unnecessary problems. Finally, as an Apprentice you must always listen to project leaders when they give you feedback, criticisms, and tasks. Ask them if you are unsure of what to build, or how to build it. You have this rank to learn.

In order to eventually obtain Builder, please read the guidelines below: When you build a house in a project and think it is finished, you should post a comment on this application thread with the closest warp and coordinates of your house. Then Builders or Overseers will comment on this thread and give you fair feedback. When you have achieved a standard of building that matches the basic standard of the server, you will be promoted to Builder. This could be on your first build or one further down the line. ArdaCraft is a friendly community that explores the freedom to create and build together. However, when we are dealing with an enormous project like this there are some guidelines we need to follow to make it work. Firstly, always name the stuff you build. We have a set of project blocks that we use - you can read about those in the new player guide at ‘/warp spawn’. Secondly, if you are looking for something to help out with, you can type ‘/warp jobs’. This is where you can find all open jobs like building houses or something similar. You will be provided with instructions on how to get to these projects, and what to build once you get there. Thirdly, do not be afraid to ask members for help and get to know us. This is a community project and it’s important to be part of the community! Stay active on Discord and the forums. Make sure to let an Overseer know who you are on Discord so that he can give you the appropriate rank on there.

Keep up the good work!

3 Likes

I finished my first POL, a piece of Moat in Caras Galadhon, Coördinations are: 12408 112 5288

2 Likes

Second POL finished, foliage beneath 2 trees in Caras Galadhon, Coördinations: 12400, 107, 4916

2 Likes

Finished third POL, a tent in WOC6 this time, coörds are: 13275, 88, 7863

1 Like

Also did the Campfire in WOC6

1 Like

Did another tent in WOC6, right next to the other one, and the toilet in WOC6

1 Like

Another POL in WOC6, the bigger running area: 13310, 89, 7841

1 Like

Third tent finished and approved, yet again in WOC6: 13303 90 7859

1 Like

You’ve done a lot in a small timespan, so congratulations on builder rank!

2 Likes