Builder Application: Finn01_: REJECTED

Player name:
Finn01_

How did you find out about us?:
Through word of mouth (I know Eag and Gawain from Westeroscraft). I also met a few of the mods from here when they came to spy on us on WC hahah, looking at glaciers.

How old are you?:
20-22

Where are you from?:
Scotland

Are you in our Discord? Is your username the same as your Minecraft name? Do you understand that you must always have Discord open, and that you must check the forums every few days?:
Yes, I use it now and again. My username is the same last time I checked.

Why do you want to help with this project?:
Generally have a love for Tolkien’s work, and have been impressed with what I’ve seen on the server.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?:
I have read:
The Hobbit
The Lord of the Rings trilogy

I have seen:
The Hobbit films
Lord of the Rings films

I am also generally familiar with parts of the lore in general (Two Trees, War of Wrath, Simarils, etc).

Portfolio:
Anorien House
https://imgur.com/a/bS4ATM6

Westeroscraft work
https://imgur.com/a/Fj9yLkz

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?:

I generally am good with simpler, humble dwellings both rural and urban. Generally I have worked on medieval buildings in Westeroscraft inspired from different settings around Europe. I also, have made ships before and would like to try my hand at Gondorian galleys (lol). I would say I have difficulty with more ornate styles and buildings, along with anything underground - I would be useless in Moria!

Other relevant skills:
Proficient with Photoshop and other editing software to a degree. I have also used features like World Edit before, and willing to learn more.

1 Like

You’ll definitely need some practice with CR, but your Westeros work is more than enough for me to promote you to Apprentice. Welcome aboard!

I’d suggest contacting @StukTBH to ask about something to work on in Anorien.

Being an Apprentice means you are a part of the project, but not a full Builder yet. You have this rank so you can improve. We have high standards and a focus on realism which means that there are things for you to learn. Your duties as an Apprentice should give you good grounding to become a Builder, and you will begin your first lot of on-server building work assisting Overseers/Builders on their builds. This will allow you to obtain the experience needed to lead on your own when you feel you are ready.

If you are looking for something to help out with, you can type ‘/warp jobs’ or look on the Projects section of our forums. This is where you can find all open jobs like building houses or something similar. You will be provided with instructions on how to get to these projects, and what to build once you get there. Thirdly, do not be afraid to ask members for help and get to know us. This is a community project and it’s important to be part of the community!

When building as an Apprentice, you are only permitted to build on one building at a time, and to post each build on your thread with the closest warp or the co-ordinates. This not only provides you with good practice for your time as a Builder, but also allows project leaders to get a good and clear idea of what your building abilities are. This will allow us to give you better feedback, and prevent any unnecessary problems. Keep in mind that you are only allowed to work on something if you have permission from a project leader via an open plot or their express permission. Finally, as an Apprentice you must always listen to project leaders when they give you feedback, criticisms, and tasks. Ask them if you are unsure of what to build, or how to build it. You have this rank to learn.

1 Like

Build 1:
Barn at ANH8
17862, 40, 15487

1 Like

Spoke in dm’s, Finn does not plan to continue this apprenticeship. Rejected.

Feel free to reapply later if you wish!