Builder Application: FilTheMilkMaker: ACCEPTED

Player name: FilTheMilkMaker

How did you find out about us:
My friend told me about this and i got intersted. I’ve played on ravand before so my building skills aren’t that bad.
How old are you?: 16

Where are you from?: Sweden

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?: yes

Why do you want to help with this project?: Because I find building in minecraft very fun and att i think this project is really cool. Also I like fantasy/medival stuff.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: I’ve seen all the movies and I’ve just started reading The Fellowship of the Ring

Portfolio: https://imgur.com/a/VAUAm

[- Only include original work, which you alone have worked on.]
[- Your portfolio must contain shots of at least one build made in the ArdaCraft modpack and resource pack (these should be built on the ArdaCraft plots server - type /warp plots in-game). It is preferable that this build is related to builds being created on the main server at the time of your application.]
[- You may include other builds made outside of our modpack and resource pack.]
[- Please look at successful applications in order to get an idea of what is expected in the portfolio.]

Plot ID: -9:2 (house)

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: Im good at basicly everyting, if i must choose somethin, it’s ships, but the thing I find difficult is diagonal ships and boats.

Other relevant skills: I’m good at painting and photoshop

2 Likes

This is a really nice start to your application. Your elven house, although quite small, clearly demonstrates that you have some skill at building as well as showing that you have taken the time to look at the style on the server.

For guests to get apprentice rank we usually ask that you have a shot at another build just to check that you can adapt your skills to other styles on the map.

So, could you have a go at building a middle class dwarven carpenter. You can do this on your plot next to your elven house. Make sure to check out some dwarven mines to look at what kind of style we want you to go for. When you’ve done this just add some screenshots to your album and notify us on this thread.

Feel free to ask us questions and good luck!

4 Likes

Here’s mine middle class dwarf plot deatails and pictures: -12:5 (dwarf), https://imgur.com/a/NrXfT

Warp to dwarfguide, its a much better example for the materials you should use (almost purely schist, no limestone).

@FilThemilkMaker Yeah, we have a number of dwarven blocks that you haven’t utilised in this build. The shape and design of the house is rather good, just go through switching some blocks around.

It is worth noting that we are a server that strives for realism. For the dwarves that you are building, the only rock types they have abundantly available to them are blue schist and granite. Higher class houses might be able to afford rock like the limestone and andesite that you’ve got in your house but for a middle class house it needs to be mainly schist with some granite.

I also noticed that you have put a kitchen in your house. Dwarven houses on the server don’t have any kitchens because they eat together in feast halls.

Finally, could you make some sort of wood working room and maybe some other things that you’d expect a carpenter to have such as a wood storage area, etc.

Look forward to seeing your changes.

5 Likes

I have seen your build, it looks fantastic, welcome to the team!

2 Likes

@FilThemilkMaker what’s your discord name?

FilTheMilkMaker

1 Like