Builder Application: dwoid : REJECTED

Player name: dwoid

How did you find out about us?

I’ve known about the server for some time and joined the discord around a year ago now and occasionally have interacted with the community. Haven’t had much time until recently to get on again to work on my application.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

The American Midwest

Are you in our Discord? Is your username the same as your Minecraft name? Do you understand that you must always have Discord open, and that you must check the forums every few days?:

I check discord multiple times daily and keep up with notifications. I’ve been an avid lurker on the progress of the server over the past year and have quite enjoyed seeing all the progress.

Why do you want to help with this project?

I’ve really appreciated the consistency and depth of the server which has, in my opinion, shown this project to be one of the most tangible and connected 3D recreations of Tolkien’s world.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?

I’ve read through Fellowship as well as having listened to part of The Hobbit audiobook. I’ve also seen all the 6 Jackson movies and often listen to videos that YouTubers like Nerd of the Rings make.

Portfolio

On server builds

Isengard I built in vanilla a while back.

Plot ID

-37, -27

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?

Building in Conquest Reforged is still fairly new to me, but I have been a creative modded builder for almost 3 years now. I’ve taken a liking, particularly to the Numenorian architectural style and the concepts for Mordor.

Other relevant skills

I’m a co-owner of a server that builds full-scale (and overscale) Star Trek ships with in-universe functional components and systems using realistic nautical ship design called TrekCraft. I have over a year of experience helping moderate said community and the one that came before it and have learned a little bit about server functions and plugins. I also am proficient in world edit, knowing most of the commands and tools used for working on mega builds.

4 Likes

Should have also mentioned; my discord username is just Droid, one letter off of the username. Sorry!

1 Like

So, you’re clearly capable, so imma promote you to Apprentice straight off the bat. You now have access to the 1.15 server.

Being an Apprentice means you are a part of the project, but not a full Builder yet. You have this rank so you can improve. We have high standards and a focus on realism which means that there are things for you to learn. Your duties as an Apprentice should give you good grounding to become a Builder, and you will begin your first lot of on-server building work assisting Overseers/Builders on their builds. This will allow you to obtain the experience needed to lead on your own when you feel you are ready.

If you are looking for something to help out with, you can type ‘/warp jobs’ or look on the Projects section of our forums. This is where you can find all open jobs like building houses or something similar – some of them may be on our 1.15 server, which you should request to be whitelisted on via Discord. You will be provided with instructions on how to get to these projects, and what to build once you get there. Thirdly, do not be afraid to ask members for help and get to know us. This is a community project and it’s important to be part of the community!

When building as an Apprentice, you are only permitted to build on one building at a time, and to post each build on your thread with the closest warp or the co-ordinates. This not only provides you with good practice for your time as a Builder, but also allows project leaders to get a good and clear idea of what your building abilities are. This will allow us to give you better feedback, and prevent any unnecessary problems. Keep in mind that you are only allowed to work on something if you have permission from a project leader via an open plot or their express permission. Finally, as an Apprentice you must always listen to project leaders when they give you feedback, criticisms, and tasks. Ask them if you are unsure of what to build, or how to build it. You have this rank to learn.

4 Likes

Cherry tree and ent concepts done during tree build event day.

4 Likes

DorTylys Allotment Trees, 17969 31 14541

2 Likes

Rejected for now. Available for reopening when Droid gets back in contact.