Builder Application: Coley_Rolley: REJECTED

Player name: Coley_Rolley

How did you find out about us?:
I found out about this project through The Nerd of the Rings Map Showing Stream and was subsequently shocked by the work done here.

How old are you?: 15

Where are you from?: South Carolina, USA

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?:
I am very active on discord, and I don’t see how being active here will be any more difficult than it is to keep up with discord.

Why do you want to help with this project?:
I have a deep interest in Tolkien, and a love for minecraft. This project seems like the best of both worlds, a way I can pursue two of my interests at once.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?:
I read the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit in third grade, and just recently found out about the expanded universe. I plan to begin reading the rest as soon as possible. I have also seen all of the Peter Jackson films.

Portfolio: https://imgur.com/a/1UINu9P

Plot ID: 45, -25
Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?:
I can do well if I have a guide and a few hours, regardless of style. I could do with improvement with interiors though. I don’t know what styles that I’m good with yet though, as I’ve only built this hobbit house so far haha.

Other relevant skills:
Idk really.

4 Likes

Hello! I will be taking you on as my apprentice. I do see some room for improvement, such as pathways and vegetation, we will work together on that. So far you look more than capable! We’ll talk more in game and in discord. See you there! Oh and prepare for a world of fun with our 1.15 client :wink:

Being an Apprentice means you are a part of the project, but not a full Builder yet. You have this rank so you can learn and understand how we build. We have high standards and a focus on realism which means that there are things for you to learn. Your duties as an Apprentice should give you good grounding to become a Builder, and, as such, you will begin your first lot of on-server building work assisting current Builders on their builds. This will hopefully allow you to obtain the experience needed to build on your own when you feel you can start on building something on your own.

When building as an Apprentice, you are only permitted to build on one building at a time. This not only provides you with good practice for your time as a Builder, but also allows project leaders and Overseers to get a good and clear idea of what your building abilities are. This will allow us to give you better and more bespoke feedback, and prevent any unnecessary problems. Keep in mind that you are only allowed to work on something if you have permission from a project leader via an open plot or confirmation if it’s something else. Finally, as an Apprentice you must always listen to project leaders when they give you feedback, criticisms, and tasks. Ask them if you are unsure of what to build, or how to build it. You have this rank to learn.

2 Likes

Minas Tirith wall and path gradients
17524, 16274

Caras vegetation along path
-1176, 1715

4 Likes

Tharbad ruined wall section approved by Boris and Freeze
3953 36 4700

2 Likes

Rejected for Inactivity, you can message an overseer to be reinstated!