Builder Application: Chingom_: ACCEPTED

Chingom_ is my IGN. You guys may call me Chris, that’s my real name.

The whole CR merge put me on to your existence & then Flare & a couple others heard some of my ideas & told me to join until the day I can bring my ideas to life.

I am 18, about to turn 19.

I am from Puerto Rico, but I live in the U.S.

Yes, I copy sir. Yes I am on discord & I will check it for sure. I’ll do it in class so my professors get mad & that chose my dedication. B)

Well I was in Reawakens, Mithrinitia & MCAlagaesia back in their days when I was a Vanilla builder, I miss the, back then, teamspeak days when we would roast eachother & build things together. It was just a good feeling to be part of something bigger than just your own mind & builds. My hope is that I will learn what is it that you guys need from me & be a part of a team that’s looking to move forward towards a common goal. If allowed, that aim is just to find what is it that I can do for the team & do so.

I’ve watched all the movies & TheTenthCircle is putting us on with some of the audio books. Although I do prefer the physical book, I am currently in college & broke so you see why I do not own them yet.

Portfolio:
Imgur: https://imgur.com/a/CLBIO

Plot ID’s: -9:9 & 15:12

I am just particularly good at coming up with styles. Back when I was at MCA I was given all the canon locations that had no lore since I am pretty good at coming up with something fitting to a theme. I am also fairly decent at medieval styles. But I prefer fantasy. I am terrible at modern & futuristic stuff. Plus I know nothing in terms of architecture so its hard to keep things realistic when i build more modern themes. I am also terrible at interiors, now I know its not necessarily a style but it is by far one of my biggest weaknesses. Trees use to be a weakness but I’ve gotten some of the basics down with Darth as a mentor.

Other relevant skills: I am not relevant therefore I do not possess these.

2 Likes

Do to the limitation of the two links, here’s a reply on all the other places you can see my work.
PMC: https://www.planetminecraft.com/member/chingom/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7nw22Q3m_Hkk3d_N0QNvVQ/featured

Really nice apply.

You got any intterior screenshots aswell?

nah coz he got no interiors

This looks really good, but could we please see some interior work? Also while your roof does look good, there would be very little point in having three segments like you have done, it would be more realistic to just have one solid roof piece.

1 Like

Well, I do have some albums of my single player world. Some of this stuff was made on livestreams not on my channel. The albums that contain interiors are the following:

• Small Dwarven Concept
  • Red Throne Tavern
  • Dirtpeak

https://chingomsenpai.imgur.com/ Is my Imgur.

These were all my builds on my PC. They’ve been uploaded here. But like I said, only some have interiors. I do avoid them since I am pretty bad at them.

As for the roof, I see that makes sense. Was trying shapes out for creativity but I do see what you mean. I can try something more solid if you wish.

Hey Chingom!

Very nice application! I especially love that Elannor treebuild you’ve put up on your imgur. Your Forlond house is also quite nice, although I think the houses which will go there usually have three stories total, including an attic. I also noticed some weird floating chains in your dwarven build, but i like that you’re trying a new style of dwarven dwellings. You obviously have some talent for building, and finding your way with new styles, which is why i’m sure you 'll adapt to ours soon enough. I’ve promoted you to Apprentice for now, and i’m looking forward to how well you do on interiors, and building on our server in general. Welcome to the team!

Being an Apprentice means you are a part of the project, but not a full Builder yet. You have this rank, so you can learn and understand how we build. We have a high standards and a focus on realism, That means there are things for you to learn. Here’s how to get Builder:

When you build a house in a project and think it is finished, you should post a comment on this application thread with the closest warp and coordinates of your house. Then builders or overseers will comment on this thread and give you fair feedback. When you have made a house on your first try up to our standards, you will be promoted to Builder.

ArdaCraft is a friendly community that explores the freedom to create and build together. However when we are dealing with a enormous project like this there are some guidelines we need to follow to make it work.

Firstly, always name the stuff you build. We have a set of project blocks that we use - you can read about those in the new player guide at ‘/warp spawn’.

Secondly, if you are looking for something to help out with, you can type ‘/warp jobs’. This is where you can find all open jobs like building houses or something similar. You will be provided with instructions on how to get to these projects, and what to build once you get there.

Thirdly, do not be afraid to ask members for help and get to know us. This is a community project and it’s important to be part of the community! Stay active on Discord and the forums. Make sure to let Fornad know who you are on Discord so that he can give you the appropriate rank on there.

4 Likes

Just a little log of what I did today to keep track of where I am working at:

-Did some interiors for Guan at Thafar-Damith (In The Main Hall, I did 2 Middle Class home interiors)
-Did some roots for NeverLegendary, about 20 of them for some trees he needed help with.
-Did a house at /warp lossoth6 (It is a lower class mason’s house with a family of 5 has an exterior area with stones for their work, an interior working area towards the back, & 5 bed for the members.)

1 Like

Your dwarven builds seem a little bit odd with some of the details, don’t forget that this server strives for realism, especially in interiors of houses, there is a lot of wide open spaces, seemingly filled with unneeded materials, also, you stairs seem a bit too lengthy to get to where they need to go. Also, your ceilings are too flat in a number of rooms within the house. Kem has given you feedback in your lossoth house, I suggest you go and read what he has said within it. All said though, your builds show a vast amount of promise, if you can go back and improve your builds to our standards, you will get builder.

3 Likes

Can we get an update on stuff you have been doing please ching?

Alright I’ll list it right here:

• Helped Wheellee with Streams from the intersection at the bottom to the curve of the mountains in Rivendell.

• Helped Wheellee with Streams behind the mountains of Rivendell, also shaped the streams, set wool for him to do the water…

• Finished a house in Forlond. When you warp, fly straight from the platform it is the corner house of the street going West.

1 Like

Well done.

1 Like