Builder Application: Bombur8: ACCEPTED

Player name: Bombur8

How long have you been a member of this project?: Several months. I don’t remember when I registered exactly …

How old are you?: 22.

Where are you from?: Belgium.

Why do you want to help with this project?: I love Minecraft (especially the world recreation servers) and I love Tolkien. So this server is near perfect!

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: The Hobbit (book and movies), The Lord of the Rings (books and movies), Born of Hope, The Hunt for Gollum, The Silmarillion, The Children of Húrin, Unfinished Tales of Númenor and Middle-earth, a lot of music (Blind Guardian, Summoning, Elven Oratory (a project by Lind Erebros), soundtracks by Howard Shore, many many YouTube interpretations) and tons of online encyclopediae pages (mainly Tolkiendil and Tolkien Gateway).

Portfolio: http://imgur.com/a/hGkcz
The Dwarf house can be found on the plotworld (plot 0:-5, I added some carpets since I took the screens) and you can download the Gondorian palace (actually the House of Tarannon Falastur) here.

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: I’m rather good with Dwarven or Gondorian styles (actually, everything build of strong, solid stone) but have more difficulty with natural things (landscape, trees, making things look naturals in general).

Other relevant skills: A bit of texturing, but I’m not that good (pictures in the portfolio, but most of them are based on textures by other artists), also some skills in image editing in general (again, pictures in the portfolio). Apparently amazingly good at derpfinding :stuck_out_tongue: . And writing, but mostly in French. Not sure if that is really relevant (if you ever wanna have books for the RPG :stuck_out_tongue: ?) …

4 Likes

We definitely need more derp-finders!

Do you think you could have a go at a Harlond house?

I’ll do that!

Done (same plot, porfolio updated)!

2 Likes

First and foremost, accepted! While the elf-house you built is not exactly in the style you’d find in Harlond, it shows you have a good understanding of to build a decent-looking house. Your interiors are also quite good, but you seem to have had some trouble filling the wider Harlond house with an interior that really makes sense and has little ‘wasted’ space. But I think that’s something we all struggle with. While experimentation should be encouraged, the back of the Harlond house with the two towers is a bit odd-looking and would probably need to be modified for it to be used in the actual server. All the nitpicking aside, I think you would make a good addition to the team, also because we’ve seen you around a lot already over the past few months.

5 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

I think you forgot to give me the edition rights. I tried to correct a couple of derps I saw on the past months and I couldn’t …
I can neither access freebuild.

An overseer or admin needs to update your rank on the server, today is a Mithlond build day lead by Fornad, so you should hop on to get your rank, and then help out ofcourse. :stuck_out_tongue:

OK :stuck_out_tongue: . But today won’t be possible, I have a ton of things to do for university.

1 Like