Builder Application: bogGman: ACCEPTED

Player name: bogGman

How did you find out about us: Found out about Ardacraft browsing for ME-themed minecraft builds circa 2014.

How old are you?: 18-20

Where are you from?: South America.

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?: Yes.

Why do you want to help with this project?: I’ve always found the Tolkien mythos fascinating and would love to put some of my own time and effort in bringing it a bit closer to life.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?:

• Read The Hobbit, The Silmarillion, LOTR and have spent considerable time studying Arda’s history on places like Tolkien Gateway.
  • Watched all the movies.

Portfolio: https://imgur.com/a/Uwbx26a

Plot ID: -11:17

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: I feel most at ease building Hobbit houses/smials but can quickly adapt to any given style.

Other relevant skills: Student of anthropology (could come in handy when tackling cultures left largely undefined by Tolkien).

1 Like

Hey bog,

It seems you’re missing the interior for your Hobbit house, I’d recommend you finish that and then we can proceed. Very good job so far though!

1 Like

Sorry for that, Eag. I’ve updated the imgur album with the hobbit interior.

1 Like

Thanks for making the edits, looks good! Seeing as you’ve had experience before as builder and your houses are more or less up to standard, I think you’re ready for Apprentice. Read the text below to get an idea of what to do.

Being an Apprentice means you are a part of the project, but not a full Builder yet. You have this rank so you can learn and understand how we build. We have high standards and a focus on realism which means that there are things for you to learn. Your duties as an Apprentice should give you good grounding to become a Builder, and, as such, you will begin your first lot of on-server building work assisting current Builders on their builds. This will hopefully allow you to obtain the experience needed to build on your own when you feel you can start on building something on your own. When building as an Apprentice, you are only permitted to build on one building at a time. This not only provides you with good practice for your time as a Builder, but also allows project leaders and Overseers to get a good and clear idea of what your building abilities are. This will allow us to give you better and more bespoke feedback, and prevent any unnecessary problems. Finally, as an Apprentice you must always listen to project leaders when they give you feedback, criticisms, and tasks. Ask them if you are unsure of what to build, or how to build it. You have this rank to learn.

In order to eventually obtain Builder, please read the guidelines below: When you build a house in a project and think it is finished, you should post a comment on this application thread with the closest warp and coordinates of your house. Then Builders or Overseers will comment on this thread and give you fair feedback. When you have achieved a standard of building that matches the basic standard of the server, you will be promoted to Builder. This could be on your first build or one further down the line. ArdaCraft is a friendly community that explores the freedom to create and build together. However, when we are dealing with an enormous project like this there are some guidelines we need to follow to make it work. Firstly, always name the stuff you build. We have a set of project blocks that we use - you can read about those in the new player guide at ‘/warp spawn’. Secondly, if you are looking for something to help out with, you can type ‘/warp jobs’. This is where you can find all open jobs like building houses or something similar. You will be provided with instructions on how to get to these projects, and what to build once you get there. Thirdly, do not be afraid to ask members for help and get to know us. This is a community project and it’s important to be part of the community! Stay active on Discord and the forums. Make sure to let an Overseer know who you are on Discord so that he can give you the appropriate rank on there.

2 Likes

I’ve built a house at /warp scary
cord: -613 / 42 / -1064

Made wainwright’s workshop at /warp scary
cord: -591 / 35 / -1065

Built road connecting Brockenborings to Scary
cord: -738 / 27 / -1053

Built 7 limestone pavements near Scary
cord: -651 / 81 / -1158

Built house at /warp Entwade
coord: 12134 / 22 / 11538

Built 21 additional limestone pavements near Scary

4 Likes

Built house and garden with shed at /warp Dwaling
coord: -708 / -1361

4 Likes

Completed road connecting Brockenborings to Dwaling.

Built stone-Quarry [Nomenclature of
The Lord of the Rings, p. 18], near Scary.

3 Likes

Accepto, welcome back

2 Likes