Builder application: Bluesshark: ACCEPTED

Player name:
Bluesshark

How long have you been a member of this project?: About late march, early April. 2nd of April

How old are you?: 17

Where are you from?: Auzzie, mate. Australia

Are you in our Discord?: Yep.

Why do you want to help with this project?: I just want to be part of a big build, I reckon I
got some good skills to bring to the table and I love J.R.R Tolkien’s works so
why not bring the two together?

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: Watched the lord
of the rings and the hobbit. Read both of them. I got something like two pages
into the Silmarillion and it’s still just sitting there on my desk.

Portfolio:

The vanilla and
world machine/painter portfolio:

The Ardacraft
portfolio:

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: I have
disclosed in the portfolio the two styles I have built on the ardacraft server.
I am very confident with medieval and gothic styles focusing on urban areas.
The second build shown there is my attempt at a dwarven style which I am far
less confident in.

Other relevant skills: Confident world painter and world machine user. Skilled with the use
of world edit… I have a sense of humour if that counts as a skill. Note that
I did not necessarily say it was a good sense of humour.

1 Like

The plot is plot number 7:1 if you want to check it out in person

I’ll leave it to one of the Overseers to respond fully, but it looks like you don’t have connected textures enabled.

I do, but I do not believe something is working in there

You don’t have the resource packs enabled then.

must not. I’ll try to fix that right now. do you think it will effect my chances?

Our builds are made with connected textures in mind - it’s essential that you have them working.

I will work on that then.

1 Like

You probably have Optifine 1.10.2 D7, but for connected textures you need 1.10.2 D4 or lower.

Few things

1. IMPORTANT! Turn on connected textures (I don’t know how you built something this decent without)
  2. Make sure you cover up roof tiles from below using stairs, trapdoors and whatever
  3. For carpets, make them either square, round, or octagononal, hexagonal, or whatever, but not random.
  4. We don’t really use stone buttons as stones in the street, but you can do so on your plot I guess

Other than that, this looks great to me, Accepted

1 Like