Builder Application: BlocksnBricks: ACCEPTED

Player name: BlocksnBricks

How did you find out about us?: Fairly certain youtube. I’ve been on the discord since early 2017 so I don’t quite remember.

How old are you?: 18
Where are you from?: New Jersey, US

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?: Yes.

Why do you want to help with this project?: Tolkien’s books are still some of my favorite works of fiction and I love how this server is implementing it in Minecraft with all the attention to detail. I hope to contribute and help the project progress.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: Read, watched, and listened to Hobbit and LOTR.

Portfolio: BlocknBricks AC App Porfolio (Plot -7, 2) - Album on Imgur

Plot ID: (-7, 2)

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: I prefer builds that have more geometric structure as opposed to more organic builds. Hoping to try my hand on a dwarvish style especially if related projects open up. Need more experience with the CR block palette.

Other relevant skills: Minor experience with Forge modding and programming. My Github.

4 Likes

Hey, thanks for applying.

Pretty good stuff overall actually, but a few things could be improved. The shape of your Dunland hut (I believe) is a bit inaccurate to how they look on the main map, they’re usually just copied from a common template. Another thing I’d improve is your gradations, make sure to read up on /warp gradientguide to understand how we do our gradients.

Would like to see you have a go at a hobbit house using /warp hobbitguide to help you, update your app when it’s finished!

1 Like

yup, for the Dunland house you should just copy the guide house shape (the first step) 1:1 and then go from there, also make sure your beds are a bit more pushed towards the wall, with the sheep or wolf skins lying against the other beds (so also near or next to the wall), for a house the size of the guide one you should be able to fit 6-7 beds easily. Also add a little more storage: Amphora’s, vases, baskets, also herbs etc. Overall it looks quite decent tho, definitely on the right way.

Then again, I don’t know if you need to update all this since Dunland’s nearly done so you wouldn’t be making any houses anymore were you to get apprentice, still it will be good practice if you have another go at it tho.

1 Like

After seeing your stuff ingame and seeing how you keep improving. I’ve decided to promote you to appretnice.
As apprentice you’ve got a lot more to work with so i can’t wait to see what you can do there.

Being an Apprentice means you are a part of the project, but not a full Builder yet. You have this rank so you can learn and understand how we build. We have high standards and a focus on realism which means that there are things for you to learn. Your duties as an Apprentice should give you good grounding to become a Builder, and, as such, you will begin your first lot of on-server building work assisting current Builders on their builds. This will hopefully allow you to obtain the experience needed to build on your own when you feel you can start on building something on your own. When building as an Apprentice, you are only permitted to build on one building at a time. This not only provides you with good practice for your time as a Builder, but also allows project leaders and Overseers to get a good and clear idea of what your building abilities are. This will allow us to give you better and more bespoke feedback, and prevent any unnecessary problems. Keep in mind that you are only allowed to work on something if you have permission from a project leader via an open plot or confirmation if it’s something else. Finally, as an Apprentice you must always listen to project leaders when they give you feedback, criticisms, and tasks. Ask them if you are unsure of what to build, or how to build it. You have this rank to learn.

In order to eventually obtain Builder, please read the guidelines below: When you build a house in a project and think it is finished, you should post a comment on this application thread with the closest warp and coordinates of your house. Then Builders or Overseers will comment on this thread and give you fair feedback. When you have achieved a standard of building that matches the basic standard of the server, you will be promoted to Builder. This could be on your first build or one further down the line. ArdaCraft is a friendly community that explores the freedom to create and build together. However, when we are dealing with an enormous project like this there are some guidelines we need to follow to make it work. Firstly, always name and date the stuff you build. We have a set of project blocks that we use - you can read about those in the new player guide at ‘/warp spawn’. Secondly, if you are looking for something to help out with, you can type ‘/warp jobs’. This is where you can find all open jobs like building houses or something similar. You will be provided with instructions on how to get to these projects, and what to build once you get there. Thirdly, do not be afraid to ask members for help and get to know us. This is a community project and it’s important to be part of the community! Stay active on Discord and the forums. Make sure to let an Overseer know who you are on Discord so that he can give you the appropriate rank on there.

On a final note, please remember that Apprentice is not a permanent rank, so we require a certain level of activity during your progression. Being active fewer than once a month will result in your application being rejected.

1 Like

EFV1 plot
(warp: efv1, x: 11639 z: 13774)

• Shepard’s hut
  • Barn
  • 2x grubenhausen
2 Likes

EFHAM1 Tanner plot
(warp: efham1, x: 11752 z: 13300)

3 Likes

EFHAM2 plot
(warp: efham2, x: 12575 z: 13392)

2 Likes

EFV2 plot
Farmer’s house
(warp: efv2, x: 12120 y: 12900)

2 Likes

GER Section 15
Section stretches from about x: 1350 to x: 1455
(warp: gerguide x: 1352 y: -867)

2 Likes

EFV2 plot
Farmer’s house
(warp: efv2, x: 12255 y: 12975)
Note: Took over the plot after the house exterior was built

2 Likes

Really nice work so far! Before we promote you to Builder, the Overseers would like you to try your hand at a Shire build. There are several houses with exclamation points above them; please let Sun or Hearth know which one you choose. Thanks!

2 Likes

Tharbad plot
(warp: tharbad, x: 3867y: 4152)

3 Likes

EFHAM 3 Plot
(warp: efham3, x: 12420 z: 14210)

• High class house
  • Cattle barn
  • Bakehouse
  • cheese workshop
4 Likes

Tharbad Obelisk