Builder Application: BingusMcDingus: REJECTED

Player name: BingusMcDingus

How did you find out about us:
Rhrim and MatthewVP told me while in MCME voice chat

How old are you?: 19

Where are you from?: Tennessee, US

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?:
Yes
Why do you want to help with this project?:
I am very into the lore and geography of LOTR and would like to help with little projects in order to make the world.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?:

• Watched all LOTR and Hobbit movies
    -Read some of the Silmarillion

Portfolio:

Plot ID:
12:7

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?:
I have only made the two builds so far, but i enjoyed the dwarvish build. I am willing to learn new builds.

Other relevant skills:

1 Like

Like I stated before, I won’t have a lot of free time to work in a few weeks, so I am only looking to be an apprentice at the time. I hope to help the builders that have too much work to do.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for applying! These builds aren’t quite up to our standard, but you should be able to just make some adjustments rather than having to build entirely new ones.

First of all, block choices. Never use log blocks as beams; just use beam blocks. Also, metal is scarce in Rohan, and should be only used for tools and weapons.
Second, you could definitely put more variety into these builds in terms of furniture and decorations. Take a look at completed houses in Aldburg and Thorin’s Halls and see what they’ve used.

If you have any questions, feel free to message me or to ask a builder ingame. I’m sure @Guan will be particularly eager to help. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply. I fixed the beam and iron issues. I also added and changed some furniture and decorations. As for the dwarven structure, I copied the furniture of the example house as close as i could.

1 Like