Builder Application: _Big_Brain_: REJECTED

Player name: Big_Brain

How did you find out about us: Someone talked about it on the darwin server

How old are you?: 18

Where are you from?: United States

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?: Yes

Why do you want to help with this project?: I like the books and I like building

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: I’ve read The Hobbit twice and the lotr trilogy three times now. I’ve also seen the movies.

Portfolio: Lorien - https://imgur.com/a/f9bRFyf
Rohan - https://imgur.com/a/aHjBT5t

Plot ID: 22:36

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: I’m most used to building in Italian/Mediterranean styles. The Lorian build was the first elf-type build that I’ve ever done, and I had a bit of trouble with the shapes.

Other relevant skills: Nothing, I just like to build

2 Likes

This is pretty far off from what we’re looking for. If you haven’t already, I’d strongly advise you to look at /warp foldeguide and /warp lorienguide, and rework your builds to resemble those styles.

2 Likes

Good luck mate👍

I can see how I took a little too much creative freedom on these designs. I’ll make something that uses the templates provided, and hopefully you’ll like those better.

After I’ve talked with Lindalher on the server for a bit, I’ve finished some new houses for my application. I figured since it’s so soon, I might as well just attach these to my previous post with all my information.

I’ve discussed with the Overseers, and we appreciate your ability to listen to criticism. These builds aren’t quite up to standard, but we think you’re ready for Apprentice.

Being an Apprentice means you are a part of the project, but not a full Builder yet. You have this rank so you can learn and understand how we build. We have high standards and a focus on realism which means that there are things for you to learn.

Your duties as an Apprentice should give you good grounding to become a Builder, and, as such, you will begin your first lot of on-server building work assisting current Builders on their builds. This will hopefully allow you to obtain the experience needed to build on your own when you feel you can start on building something on your own.

When building as an Apprentice, you are only permitted to build on one building at a time. This not only provides you with good practice for your time as a Builder, but also allows project leaders and Overseers to get a good and clear idea of what your building abilities are. This will allow us to give you better and more bespoke feedback, and prevent any unnecessary problems.

Finally, as an Apprentice you must always listen to project leaders when they give you feedback, criticisms, and tasks. Ask them if you are unsure of what to build, or how to build it. You have this rank to learn.

Keep up the good work!

4 Likes

Built a house and granary in Dunland
/warp DSC2
6910, 8910

1 Like

Rejected due to lack of intention to return to AC