Builder Application: Argent_1: ACCEPTED

Argent_1:

How did you find out about us?: Instagram Recommended Feed

How old are you?: 17

Where are you from?: Colorado, US

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?:
I am a member and have it open often.

Why do you want to help with this project?:
Been enjoying LOTR stuff since I couldn’t read, my dad would read Tolkien to me before bed. I really love the universe, and I play MC, so I thought why not combine it.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?:
All the LOTR, Hobbit, Silmarillion, (all these a few times). All movies, numerous times as well. My DND playlists are mostly LOTR music as well.

Portfolio: Ardacraft Application 2020 - Argent_1 - Album on Imgur

Plot ID: (18,6)

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?:
I think I can do well in the Dunland and Rohan style, I am very apprehensive about any elven stuff, because as much as I think I would enjoy it if I got decent at it, it is not a style I am at all familiar with.

Other relevant skills: SC’s, have shaders and a pretty good profile too.

1 Like

Nice work. Some of us have spoken with you ingame, and we believe you’re ready for Apprentice.

Being an Apprentice means you are a part of the project, but not a full Builder yet. You have this rank so you can learn and understand how we build. We have high standards and a focus on realism which means that there are things for you to learn. Your duties as an Apprentice should give you good grounding to become a Builder, and, as such, you will begin your first lot of on-server building work assisting current Builders on their builds. This will hopefully allow you to obtain the experience needed to build on your own when you feel you can start on building something on your own. When building as an Apprentice, you are only permitted to build on one building at a time. This not only provides you with good practice for your time as a Builder, but also allows project leaders and Overseers to get a good and clear idea of what your building abilities are. This will allow us to give you better and more bespoke feedback, and prevent any unnecessary problems. Keep in mind that you are only allowed to work on something if you have permission from a project leader via an open plot or confirmation if it’s something else. Finally, as an Apprentice you must always listen to project leaders when they give you feedback, criticisms, and tasks. Ask them if you are unsure of what to build, or how to build it. You have this rank to learn.

In order to eventually obtain Builder, please read the guidelines below: When you build a house in a project and think it is finished, you should post a comment on this application thread with the closest warp and coordinates of your house. Then Builders or Overseers will comment on this thread and give you fair feedback. When you have achieved a standard of building that matches the basic standard of the server, you will be promoted to Builder. This could be on your first build or one further down the line. ArdaCraft is a friendly community that explores the freedom to create and build together. However, when we are dealing with an enormous project like this there are some guidelines we need to follow to make it work. Firstly, always name and date the stuff you build. We have a set of project blocks that we use - you can read about those in the new player guide at ‘/warp spawn’. Secondly, if you are looking for something to help out with, you can type ‘/warp jobs’. This is where you can find all open jobs like building houses or something similar. You will be provided with instructions on how to get to these projects, and what to build once you get there. Thirdly, do not be afraid to ask members for help and get to know us. This is a community project and it’s important to be part of the community! Stay active on Discord and the forums. Make sure to let an Overseer know who you are on Discord so that he can give you the appropriate rank on there. On a final note, please remember that Apprentice is not a permanent rank, so we require a certain level of activity during your progression. Being active fewer than once a month will result in your application being rejected.

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Updated 3 Houses at Loch Thiar.

Warp: Loch Thiar
Coords: Cluster of 3 at 5601, 7679

2 Likes

Updated 2 more houses at Loch Thiar.

Same Warp,
Coords: (5571, 7652) and (5537, 7621)

1 Like

Updated 5 more houses at Loch Thiar.

Same Warp,
Coords: (5508, 7644), (5441, 7701), Cluster of 3 at (5386, 7493)

2 Likes

Did Interior of Barber/Surgeon Workplace In Tuckborough.

Warp: Tuckborough
Coords: (-1584, -238)

1 Like

Exterior and Interior of Bee Bole in Tuckborough.

Same Warp,
Coords: (-1568, -230)

1 Like

Updated 2 more houses at Loch thiar.

Warp: Loch Thiar
Coords: (5718, 7592)

1 Like

Interior of House in Tuck borough + attached honey storage

Coords: (-1558, -225)

1 Like

you only need to post actual builds on main map, not private off-topic ones

Updated More houses around Dunland

5413, 7224

5880, 7408

1 Like

House in Tuckborough

Coords: (-1588, -206)

2 Likes

Updated More Houses around Dunland

Warp: DPR2
Coords: (6162, 7553)

1 Like

2 Houses in Tuckborough - Interior only

Coords: (-1608, -234) (-1648, -235)

3 Likes

Interior Bedroom In Great Smial

Coords: (-1680, -263)

3 Likes

Interior of Poor Smial

Warp: Pincup
Coords: (-1148, -77)

2 Likes

Layout, Exterior, and Interior of Rohan Woodworker House, Workshop, Grubenhausen, und Chicken Coop.

Warp: efv1
Coords: (11673, 13726)

2 Likes

Layering & Vegetation for Barrow in Dunland

Warp: Dun Thuaidh
Coords: 7241, 7657

2 Likes

Road Layering… Fun Stuff!

Warp: EFH1
Coords: (11457, 13627)

3 Likes

Exterior and Interior of House, Bakehouse, and Cattle Barn