Builder Application: Aragorn2187: REJECTED

Player name: Aragorn2187

How did you find out about us: Searching for LOTR servers.

How old are you?: 15

Where are you from?: CA, United States

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?: I am in the Discord, my tag is Aragorn2187 #0486

Why do you want to help with this project?: I am, as we all are, a massive Lotr fan. I already build some Lotr stuff on my own time, so why not contribute to building the grandest of all the Lotr content out there for Minecraft?

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: I have read and watched The Hobbit, all Lotr books, and The Silmarillion.

Portfolio: https://imgur.com/a/wkEvtH6

Plot ID: 7 -28

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: I’d like to think that I can adapt to most styles, as I make a lot of projects from different parts of culture. (Lotr, Star Wars, Harry Potter, IRL landmarks, and some others).

Other relevant skills: Adept at Worldedit, moderate experience with Conquest.

Thank you for your time!

I can’t comment much on the Lothlorien house (looks good though), but i think another Rohan house is needed. Since the one shown here isn’t even near our style and standards. Please make sure you look closely to the village of Schephurst and fv4.

Your Lorien house is alright and with some adjustments it would fit the style of the villages. Caras Galadhon has a slightly different style tho, and since it’s the only project left to do in the forest, I’d like you to test yourself with it before getting to apprentice. You can find a very detailed guide for it at the warp /Lorienguide and soke more examples at /warp CGbuild. Have fun :ok_hand:

2 Likes

1 Like

Excellent work, you’ve really captured the styles the second time around. You’re ready to move on to the Apprentice rank!

Being an Apprentice means you are a part of the project, but not a full Builder yet. You have this rank so you can understand how we build. We have high standards and a focus on realism; that means there are things for you to learn. Here’s how to get Builder:

When you build a house in a project and think it is finished, you should post a comment on this application thread with the closest warp and coordinates of your house. Then builders or overseers will comment on this thread and give you fair feedback. When you have made a house on your first try up to our standards, you will be promoted to Builder.

There’s one unclaimed plot left in FV4. Aside from that, there aren’t really any jobs until FV5 or Caras Galadhon are opened to the public.

1 Like

Fv4 10825 11935
Mostly just the interior.

Rejected for inactivity. If you wish to resume your apprenticeship please contact an Overseer and we’ll be happy to have you back.