Builder Application: Agathor4ever: ACCEPTED

Player name: Agathor4ever

How long have you been a member of this project?: A few months

How old are you?: 18+

Where are you from?: Germany

Are you in our Discord?: Yes

Why do you want to help with this project?: I was introduced to LOTR when I was 12ish and fell in love with the world. After watching the Two Towers movie I asked my parents to buy me the books (I was 12) and just started reading. When I saw this project and the way that it brought Tolkins world to life I just wanted to help make it happen.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: The book trilogy, the hobbit, the silmarillion, news from middle earth and sons of Hurins (not sure if those are the actual names I have them in German), the LOTR and Hobbit movies

Portfolio: http://imgur.com/a/P3L9u

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: I think i’m decent at most things but I do struggle with making interiors using the arda texture pack. I hope to improve that bu looking at some more builds on the server.

Other relevant skills: n/a

3 Likes

I did worse when I started out. Structurally, you’re good. There are some details that are missing, while others wouldn’t be kept on our live map, but over all, this is nice. Hopefully we can get an overseer to give their opinion soon! (:
(Edit: posting from my phone at work, not giving a detailed review myself, but I do like your work.)

This is looking real good, accepted. A few remarks though, just to let you know where you can improve. Like so many other applications, the shape of the exterior is quite good. Especially the flowing form of the roof really works out. Your interiors however, still lack some ‘depth’ and detail. You should avoid using the same materials for floors, walls and ceilings whenever possible, and try to add some of the elven furniture blocks that we have.

For example, we have a custom elven painting with elven kitchen tools, and an elven bookcase, as well as elven drawers. Something else that I think shows you are worthy of builder rank, is how you laid out all the blocks. This shows you made an effort at getting to know our pack, and at how to combine the blocks related to one of our villages. Another two things to avoid (in my personal opinion), is the use of the dragon pillars, and using the planks for pillars next to the sandy bricks ‘basement’ layer like you did here

Other than that, nice work and we hope to see you on the server. If you see someone with anOverseers rank, ask him to promote you.

1 Like