Builder Application: 0KUHAKU: ACCEPTED

Player name: [0KUHAKU]

How did you find out about us: i was here earlier but wasnt good enought to join back then.

How old are you?: [24.]

Where are you from?: [the netherlands.]

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?: i am onlins sometimes but always reachable.

Why do you want to help with this project?: it seems fun and nice to help you out while learning better techniques.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: [all films and a few book dont know which]

Portfolio: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMjTA-hA6ShVOXYrXPumnqhiuovQe1Za8ZysKTGC78yjYmbFJFhtKiwOcJ6379Pow?key=Y3hSeFJiY19TSlZYSXZHTzBNS012TnphSzd3LTBR

Plot ID: [17 :-9]:

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?:

excel:
viking, asian, greek isch.

difficult:
gothic, baroque annd some other

Oh hey, don’t know what happended to your imgur album, but we don’t have much to judge without it, unless someone has seen your stuff ingame. Try to fix is as soon as you can

https://photos.app.goo.gl/D6xjPWcXnncCbFGm6 this is my portfolio on google photos

Overall pretty good so far, though a bit of feedback on your Rohan house:
The thatch in the roof barely has any support, this needs to be fixed, please look inside of some Aldburg houses.
I also see a big iron cauldron, this would be extremely expensive, unless they’re quite wealthy i don’t think they’d have one.
Overall the house interior seems a little unorganized aswell, i don’t think they’d just leave food hanging everywhere, they would probably store that in crates or barrels inside of an outbuilding.
I think if you fix that, the Rohan part should be good enough.

I can’t really comment on your Lorien house, so i’ll leave that to @MrBanana

I have to disagree on kinda all of your points there, Guan, and think this house and interior is fine and actually steering back to the original Folde style. I can agree on the food stuff, though it is debatable whether having hanging herbs and spices someplace else than the main food stuff like his carrots and apples be fine too, since they would fight bad smell. Not every plot will have a separate larder building, so some food storage is required in those cases. Cauldrons are one of the only iron items that should be fine and encouraged to include in every house, an alternative being the cooking pots painting. The roof is properly supported, 1-3 blocks of thatch between rafters is fine, any more is a problem. Overall I rather see the interior being quite ordered too, going by the Folde guide from Anglo-Saxon houses having sleeping/storage to the ends of the house and a central living area in the centre with hearth(s). This is an acceptable variant to the beds-along-wall longhouse style. Really, my only gripe with the layout is the use of two fireboxes this close to another, but that should not cost him the apprentice rank and will most likely be more proficiently handled with some apprentice time and working with other builders. Ok, there’s a second problem, the floor mix can use some work, but still nothing too gravely in my opinion.

2 Likes

I agree with Ahorn. Also, Never approved the Lorien house, so he should be good to go.

Ye lorien house is surely good, maybe a bit too similar to the guide. Being totally honest, you have almost copied it and I would have aprreciated some more personalization, but don’t worry it’s not a problem.

better well copied than a bad representation

To be fair, Banana, it probably does not quite help for the guide for the application style to be on freebuild. Maybe copy it over to a plot, so guests can access it?

There is also the simplified guide on the plot world. Hence, bananas comment about almost copying the guide house.
Which, by the way, does not bother me that much for getting an apprentice.

Since you’ve gotten the apprentice rank, but nobody did this yet, i’ll do it:

Being an Apprentice means you are a part of the project, but not a full Builder yet. You have this rank so you can learn and understand how we build. We have high standards and a focus on realism which means that there are things for you to learn. Your duties as an Apprentice should give you good grounding to become a Builder, and, as such, you will begin your first lot of on-server building work assisting current Builders on their builds. This will hopefully allow you to obtain the experience needed to build on your own when you feel you can start on building something on your own. When building as an Apprentice, you are only permitted to build on one building at a time. This not only provides you with good practice for your time as a Builder, but also allows project leaders and Overseers to get a good and clear idea of what your building abilities are. This will allow us to give you better and more bespoke feedback, and prevent any unnecessary problems. Finally, as an Apprentice you must always listen to project leaders when they give you feedback, criticisms, and tasks. Ask them if you are unsure of what to build, or how to build it. You have this rank to learn.

In order to eventually obtain Builder, please read the guidelines below: When you build a house in a project and think it is finished, you should post a comment on this application thread with the closest warp and coordinates of your house. Then Builders or Overseers will comment on this thread and give you fair feedback. When you have achieved a standard of building that matches the basic standard of the server, you will be promoted to Builder. This could be on your first build or one further down the line. ArdaCraft is a friendly community that explores the freedom to create and build together. However, when we are dealing with an enormous project like this there are some guidelines we need to follow to make it work. Firstly, always name the stuff you build. We have a set of project blocks that we use - you can read about those in the new player guide at ‘/warp spawn’. Secondly, if you are looking for something to help out with, you can type ‘/warp jobs’. This is where you can find all open jobs like building houses or something similar. You will be provided with instructions on how to get to these projects, and what to build once you get there. Thirdly, do not be afraid to ask members for help and get to know us. This is a community project and it’s important to be part of the community! Stay active on Discord and the forums. Make sure to let Fornad know who you are on Discord so that he can give you the appropriate rank on there.

1 Like

finished build:
weavers high class house
warp : aldburg
UW8
Coordinates : xyz 11444.324 / 97 / 13246.638
link screenshots: https://photos.app.goo.gl/JwrBjiiHVJrTvTnc7

finished build: Isengard Infirmary
warp : freebuild
Coordinates : xyz 5397.534 / 15 / 4619.386

You’re making good progress towards getting Builder, and I like your enthousiastic attitude. Because I feel you can still learn a lot, I think you need one or two more builds for your rank. Keep it up!

2 Likes

finished build: Tunnel T-3 Section 2
warp : thtunnel
Coordinates : xyz -7441.079 / 22.113 / -2542.038

3 Likes

finished build: elven flets + crosroads
warp : cgbuild
Coordinates : xyz -12423.554 / 183 / 5021.104

2 Likes

Alright so your builds are clearly looking nice, you have shown you are a quick learner and we really appreciate the efforts and the dedication you are putting into this. Unfortunately your recent experience with the flets has shown that you still have some things to improve, for this reason we’d like you to build a couple of more things before we can promote you.
Keep it up, you almost got it. :+1:

5 Likes

finished build: rohan style tents (7 types)
warp : fbrohan
Coordinates : xyz -2127 / 26 / 4217

they have name tags above them

1 Like

finished build: interior stables / support roof / outside pen
warp : edoras
Coordinates : xyz 10706 / 25 / 13074

( nearly ) finished build: fletcher/bowyer ( for review )
warp : isengard
Coordinates : xyz 7613/ 33 / 9538

1 Like