ArnorFort6

Project Application: ArnorFort6

Player name(s): zLawrence

Player rank: Builder+

Private or Public: private

Location name: ArnorFort6

Lore: This castle was built mainly to protect the kingdom of arnor from any attackers from the north. Because it is so far north and isolated, this castle was built to have a permanently high number of soldiers.

Overhead plan:

Blue: towers (not necessarily round)
Red: walls
Pink: gates
Purple: various buidlings (barracks, kitchen, feast hall, cellar, stables, etc.)
CC: central core

In-game guide: I will mostly follow the style of guan’s castle but will make it more ruined

Terrain: The terrain will not be changed

Reference Imagery:

I want the central core (CC) to look a bit like this:

I cant decide if this castle was abandoned or attacked and destroyed. Which one should it be?

1 Like

If You want it to look like your reference images i think it should be abandoned but i dont know if the lore agrees to that

1 Like

When was the castle build? In the time of Angmar or before it?

1 Like

Okay so this is what im thinking:
Soon after the kingdom of Rhudaur was defeated Arthedain feared that a small part of the witch king’s army might try to flank them from the poorly defended north. ArnorFort6 was then built and troops were sent to gard but when the kingdom of Cardolan fell and Fornost was threatened, the troops of ArnorFort6 returned to defend and abandoned the castle.

2 Likes

To have a castle for a permanent high number of troops, the outer walls would need to be larger. The effect of castles is to be able to hold off a large amount of enemy troops with a small garrison. I dont think that the high number of troops would be needed.

3 Likes

Okay so I’ve changed the layout a bit
The only building out of the CC is the stables
The green is what would have been a drawbridge

2 Likes

Looks good! That middle gate is something you could get rid of, and then it’s all fine!

2 Likes

Looks good and I agree with guan, approved from me.

2 Likes

Looks good to me. One more overseer needs to look this over.

1 Like

Approved. Try to add some more variation by not making all the towers in the outer wall round.

2 Likes

I also invented a name for this in sindarin : hebinhae which means far keep due to the isolated position in the north

1 Like

Cool name thanks!

If nothing gets done on this by Sunday, I’ll give it to another builder to finish.

New computer arrives this week but please leave me until monday since we still have to set eveything up and I don’t have school that day

1 Like

Update please.

update
Build is almost completed
All that is left to do is texturing the outer walls
It should be done and finished by tomorrow morning

1 Like

Arnorfort6 has been completed! (Unless there’s something that needs to be changed)
Also the name should be updated to the one creepy provided and the warp location too.

3 Likes