This is the primary way to install the modpack. The launcher allows for full control of mods, and allows users to pick optional mods they may want to have.
- Download and install x64 Java 8 if you do not already have it installed. You must have this installed for the launcher to work correctly.
- Download the correct version of the launcher for your operating system. (.exe is for Windows users, and the .jar is for Linux and OSX users)
- The launcher will download all needed contents to your Documents folder with the name of ‘ArdaCraft Launcher’
- Run the ArdaCraft launcher, and select the ArdaCraft Modpack tab on the left of the program.
- Log into your Minecraft Account.
- Select your desired optional mods, and click ‘Ok’
- The game may take several minutes to start, and your game may freeze. If this happens let it load, and eventually it will go to the main menu.
- You will not have the resourcepacks loaded the first time you load the game using the launcher. You will need to enable the resourcepack, and any of the optional mod resourcepacks.
- Once everything is setup, log into the server with the ip ‘mc.ardacraft.me’
Bugs and issues should be reported as a new topic in the Support category.
Having troubles with the launcher?
If you are having issues with the Launcher, or you just prefer to use the official Minecraft launcher, our Installer provides a convenient way to create a new modpack profile with everything you need to get started on the server.
- Make sure you have Java 8 installed first.
- Download and run the installer (double click the jar file).
- If you do not already have Forge for minecraft-1.8.9, you will be prompted to install it before continuing.
- Select the ‘Install’ option and press ‘Run’, then wait until the installer says it has finished.
- Open the minecraft launcher and select the ArdaCraft profile before running the game.
The ACLauncher was written by sk89q (of WorldEdit/WorldGuard/Sponge and more), and modified by dags/fresh to suit the needs of this sever.