Administrative Changes

Hi all - as some of you know, I did not get a place in the January intake for the Officer Corps of the Royal Navy. Though I may get a place for May or September next year, my plans in the short term have changed. I am going to New Zealand from the 24th of December 2018 to the 28th of May 2019 in order to hike Te Araroa, the country’s long-distance trail.

Obviously, I won’t be able to run the server during this period (though I’m sure I’ll be dropping a few pictures here and there into the Discord). As such, @Beathaven has agreed to take over during this time. He has taken my place on a temporary basis before, and has done a really good job. He’s clearly dedicated to the server and wants to see it succeed, and so I can think of nobody better.

The server will be tackling some really important builds during this period - Caras Galadhon, Isengard and Edoras. As such, I’d like to see you all support Beat and the project as a whole during this time.

I have the greatest confidence that you will all continue to prove that ArdaCraft is the most impressive project in the game!

All the best.

23 Likes

I hope to see @Beathaven lead ardacraft into many glorious meme wars in the future

4 Likes

The age of the Brit is over. The time of the swampies has come.

12 Likes

Have fun over there, don’t become like Eaglz, a sheep shagger.

3 Likes

Good luck & have fun exploring Fornad, learn the haka for the meme wars to come.

2 Likes

Really hope you will get into the navy next time man. Enjoy your christmas in NZ and ofc enjoy the country wich is amazing. Watch out for sheeps.

2 Likes

Dont forget to visit the Shire!

4 Likes

Well, most of you already know this, but I thought I’d make it official here. The Royal Navy decided to bring my intake date forward, and as such I will now be starting with them in January.

This will mean that I’ll be essentially absent from the server for most of next year, though I’m sure I’ll be creeping on the Discord like @Hearthseeker. After that, I’ll be able to come on every so often, but it’s safe to say I won’t be able to lead the server as I have done. @Beathaven will still be taking over for the foreseeable future - I have every confidence in him.

I am incredibly proud of what we have achieved since November 2014. We’ve established ourselves as one of the highest-quality, most efficient servers out there. We’ve had hundreds of thousands of views across various sites, and even been published in gaming magazines. We were integral to the creation of the CR mod. After all this time, we are the oldest Conquest server that’s still going, and our build quality is only getting better with time. I truly believe our map is already one of the most impressive out there, and with Moria and Gondor on the horizon, it will be undisputably the best of the best.

To borrow a naval expression - Bravo Zulu, everyone.

18 Likes

They always say to lead by example, never thought it would be mine.

–f-- to get to 5 character minium, f to pay Respec
9 hours and no Respec for forn

1 Like