AC Overlay problems

This is a general support ticket template.
Please fill in as much detail as possible.

Before Posting:

Java 8 is required to run our modpack. Not having it will cause you to crash on launch.
Mac OS, Windows, and Linux users can download the Java 8 installer for their system from here.

what operating system are you using?: windows
how did you install the modpack?: manually
have you installed Java 8?: yes
when does the problem happen?: Firstly this is a problem with the overlay not conquest mod. There are no crashes or anything, whenever I try to play with the overlay it doesn’t affect the game whatsoever. I cannot see the AC paintings and don’t have access to the AC paintings commands or anything else the overlay changes.
logs/crash-report: no crash report
problem: every time I try to download the overlay it gives me three options: AC_Overlay_1.5.2.zip , source code (zip), or source code (tar.gz). I choose AC_Overlay_1.5.2.zip, which downloads it as a zip file. All the other mods download as a java program, is this supposed to download as a Java program too? afterwards I just put it in the mods file in the .minecraft folder. When I load up the game it doesn’t effect minecraft at all. Am I just missing something super obvious?

The AC Overlay is a resource pack, leave it in the .zip file and put it into your resourcepacks folder.

Ok, I tried and it still doesn’t seem to be working. Does it have anything to do with any of the optifine settings?

you have to enable it in the resourcepacks menu too

I never saw an option in the resourcepacks menu, the only choices were conquest and default.

Sounds like you have not put the overlay in the correct resourcepacks folder.

In the resourcepack menu there’s a button called ‘open folder’. Press it, and it’ll open the correct resourcepack folder in windows explorer - copy the overlay zip into that folder.
(It is indeed the ‘AC_Overlay_1.5.2.zip’ file that you want to be using).

Then just close and re-open the resourcepack menu to refresh the list of available resourcepacks.

Note - we offer a launcher to handle all this set-up business for you btw
https://ardacraft.me/modpack/

I know I’m putting it in the correct folder. When I went in game and opened the resourcepacks folder via the resourcepacks menu it sent me to the same folder I’ve been putting it in, I even saw the AC overlay .zip in the folder along with the conquest one. Here is the path I take to put it in:
C:\Users\gabem\AppData\Roaming.minecraft\resourcepacks
It just isn’t showing up in the resourcepack menu

I am also unable to use the launcher due to other technical problems, I manually installed the mods needed.

please provide:

• the forge-client log file of your most recent launch of the modpack
  • a screenshot of your resource packs directory
  • a screenshot of your resource packs menu
  • open the overlay .zip file with 7zip (or similar) and take a screenshot of the contents

Ok for the forge client log thingy, i’m not entirely sure what your asking for but i think i found it. Let me know if i’m showing you the completely wrong thing. this is the file path i took:
C:\Users\gabem\AppData\Roaming.minecraft\logs
then selected the page: fml-client-latest. Also, if i did anything else wrong let me know.

fml-client-latest:

Ok, your logs show you haven’t even got Minecraft 1.10.2 or the Conquest Reforged mod up and running.

Please go read the instructions on how to do a manual installation here or here.

Once you can demonstrate you have a working modpack installed, and if you are still having issues with the overlay, feel free to create a new thread (provide logs/screenshots etc from the get-go for a faster response).

Cheers!

Note: we will happily provide support if you are having problems with the launcher