Rhovanion Inspiration and Concepts

Tiny picture is tiny, but cant find a larger version.

2 Likes

From Talset on CR discord

I’m fucking cumminggg

4 Likes

7 Likes

Wall designs

2 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

Rupea Fortress from Romania, curtosy Romanian Friend

3 Likes

If we ever have to build a wooden bridge

4 Likes

I’m going to break the European Castle spam and try and put some inspiration pics for the more pressing parts of Rhovanion, the Vale of the Anduin and its inhabitants.

Perhaps some turf houses next to the Old Ford itself? It’s farther away from the mountains where they would quarry the stone.

This is all just food for thought. I think Rhovanion should be more taken off of inspiration from Estonian/Viking-style houses/homes, while Rohan more of an Anglo Saxon type deal, or even our own weird mix. Of course, people could also make the houses ‘oversized’ since the Beornings after all are a big people, or at least most of them are (some would be shorter since they mingled with the woodsmen).

Will be interested to see some other inspiration ideas you guys have of how the Beornings should look. It’ll be coming this weekend/next week so we might as well begin to think about it!

12 Likes

Of course, people could also make the houses ‘oversized’ since the Beornings after all are a big people

Pls yes. Big houses for bear people. Or at least normal sized, just not hobbit sized.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Dale settlement near the iron hills?

Look for more images of the town: Foroglio - Ticino

7 Likes

This last one would require an overlay texture/painting or smthn but would be a nice detail.

4 Likes

8 Likes

would be nice to get the fences of the shed or something similar with transparency. also, are the trees in the background photoshop or those item frame, lag fest ones?

photoshop for sure

1 Like

7 Likes

Castle being built somewhere in the east maybe?

2 Likes

Hm, this is Guédelon, a French castle, not really Rhovanian.
https://www.google.be/search?q=guédelon&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiBm6y405XYAhWIyKQKHc2pACYQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=939#imgrc=_

It looks great!

I actually thought it was the Rhûn topic, and was thinking of Rhûn while writing Rhovanian, don’t know why.