Landscaper Application: Itai007: ACCEPTED

Player name: Itai007

How did you find out about us?: Conquest Reforged’s website

How old are you?: 15

Where are you from?: Israel

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?: Yes, yes, and yes.

Why do you want to help with this project?: I’m a huge fan of Minecraft, Tolkien’s work and topography, and taking part in this project includes all 3. I’m thrilled to see how far I can go with the Conquest Reforged Mod pack, as I never terraformed in modded Minecraft before

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?:

• Read all 3 Lord of the Rings books and The Hobbit, currently reading the Silmarilion.

• Watched all 3 LOTR movies x2, and all 3 movies of The Hobbit.

Portfolio: Landscaper app - Album on Imgur

Scene 1: This is a salt marsh. I chose to vegetate this marsh with the ‘Summer reeds’ plant, which is a salt-tolerant plant that is quite common in salt-marshes. I also used drier blocks in areas that water barely reaches, such as the ‘Lothlorien Dirt’ and the ‘Dark Dirt Path’ blocks to make the marsh more realistic.

Scene 2: The colored sand located in Makhtesh Ramon (The Negev, Israel) was formed by a mix of a variety of minerals, that caused its variety of colors. The minerals that formed the colors visible in this scene are iron -> red, sulfur -> orange, Manganese -> yellow. (It won’t let me link an image I used for reference for some reason, DM me on Discord if you want one Itai007#0001)

Scene 3: In this scene I chose to model a braided river. Braided rivers contain a few channels that are being separated by small “islands” in the middle, called aits. This interesting type of river usually forms on fairly steep slopes and contains high levels of sediment. I also used the Rivers document found in ArdaCraft’s google drive account for reference.

I chose to vegetate this scene according to the Mediterranean climate, as I was basing my river off the White River, located in Washington state, USA.

Plot ID: -35:25

Are there any types of landscapes you are particularly interested in building? For example, coasts, forests, mountains, etc.: I’m open to anything, but mountains such as the Misty Mountains or the White Mountains interest me in particular.

Other relevant skills: I’m rather familiar with the Voxelsniper and World Edit plugins, and I started learning World Machine a few months ago. World machine portfolio

2 Likes

ACCEPTED - This is a really nice app and it’s clear you have done the thorough research into your scenes. We have a list of tasks that you could start with which I’ve linked below but how would you feel about trying out a small glacier in the Misty Mountains?

9 Likes