Landscaper Application: HyperFusionXx: REJECTED

Player name: HyperFusionXx

**How did you find out about us? Through Instagram

**How old are you? 16

**Where are you from? Alabama, USA

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?: Yes

Why do you want to help with this project?: I am very fond of Minecraft and I am skilled at landscaping and some building. I am very fond and passionate towards building mountains and rivers and more types of landscape. I fell in love with The Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit at a younger age and it has inspired me to build landscapes in Minecraft. I feel that with my love of building I could be able to help build more very impress landscape and views for players to enjoy.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?:

• I have read the hobbit once and read The Lord of the Rings two times

• I have watched the hobbit & lord of the rings many times and currently re-watching them now

Portfolio: https://imgur.com/gallery/s7n4wBA

Scene 1: This is a little build of the forest which sits behind my house. The land also has a creek that runs behind my house. In the build I mainly use snow as that was scenery.

Scene 2: This is a waterfall I saw when I was in Tennessee with my family. In the build I used grass, dirt, stone, and water.

Scene 3: For this build I built a cliff side I was when i was in Detroit. The cliffs were mainly stone and then grass grown on top of it. For the build I mainly just used stone, grass, and water.

Plot ID: -36:29

Are there any types of landscapes you are particuarly interested in building? For example, coasts, forests, mountains, etc.: Yes

Other relevant skills:
I posted the reference photos and the other builds I have done in my this imgur post. These pictures of builds I have done of landscape and some buildings. And the last photo is of my base On a survival server I play on. These builds are all by hand, no world edit

Thanks for applying.

We expect a bit more than this for a Landscaper application. You used “grass, dirt, stone and water” - these are all very generic blocks which don’t really demonstrate much research. What kind of stone? Have you shown the effect of weathering on that stone? How waterlogged is the dirt? What sort of plants and trees would you expect to find in this environment? If you’re building a lake, what’s its trophic state? Conquest Reforged has a huge variety of natural blocks which allow you to demonstrate this stuff. The example application shows this.

You’re on the right track by aiming to recreate things from real life, but you have to put a bit of research in first. The ability to look things up about the natural world is key to this rank. Also, take a look at similar areas on our map for inspiration.

5 Likes

Rejected due to inactivity.

1 Like