Forlond

Nope Beat, the university is no where near ready to be opened. Plan it first otherwise more time will be wasted on stuff that could end up being moved or deleted in the future.

6 Likes

Update

Good news everyone, Forlond is finally open to the public. The houses marked with the orange and red wool inside of section 1, are ready to be built.
Please put your name and the date you started on the blocks above it and follow any instructions on these blocks as well as the wool outlines. Ask permission to work on the buildings marked “Special”. Be sure to check out the example houses for how these need to look.

Lastly, happy building!

6 Likes

@Beathaven @Daktubalan I have checked some of the approved houses in forlond, and have since rejected them. You need to make sure that, chimneys are both present, and their paths make sense, they cant pass through shelving units. Secondly, make sure that there is at very minimum a furnace in the house, but in the size of some of these houses, they should realistically have fireplaces.

5 Likes

sigh…can you tell me where the sample houses are? Im having a heck of a time locating them. thank you

The house marked with the sizeable bright-green arrow is a great example of the exterior. The house marked with an equally considerable exclamation mark next to it is for interior inspiration.

1 Like

Well I was looking for glow stones like in the directions in my defense. I will move along now.

3 Likes

Section 3 has just been opened and is ready to be worked on. Check #general on discord for more information.

4 Likes

Dak is now sole lead of this project.

2 Likes

Section 3 of Forlond is done! Section 4 is now open! Happy Building!

2 Likes

Section 4 of Forlond is done! Section 2 is now open! Happy Building!

4 Likes

Should the eastern road into the city really be so ruined? Wouldn’t it still have a decent amount of traffic going to Mithlond and the Blues?

7 Likes

Well, that was my thought as well as I saw it :thinking: With the grass and vegetation basically taking over the road at the moment.

The road shouldnt be in the best condition because they would have barely visitors, tho i think it should be accessable for carts and other stuff. So You should find a balance between them

Hey Guys! I’m gonna be gone for a few days so Forlond is going to be under the charge of Fil and Lego while I’m gone. Just so the section gets completed. There isn’t much left just a lot of gardens and overgrown areas. Please go help these guys knock it out so we can move on to the next thing! Thanks

Family stuff popped up.

4 Likes

@Daktubalan

1 Like

@Epictesticulus is now co-lead alongside myself

5 Likes

@Daktubalan @Epictesticulus In order to complete this project in good time, and in an efficient and effective manner, you need to fully complete planning of everything that’s left, then call for a build day, preferably within the next two weeks. I know you’d probably like specific builders to help out or finish what they started but due to other project time constraints that’s not possible. A build day would get as many builders as we can onto finishing Forlond. Either one of you two would need to be present for this, and an overseer would assist on the day to make sure nothing goes wrong/everything goes according to plan.

For the palace, @wheellee has previously done some concepts for the palace on freebuild for how it should be ruined. It’s unfortunate that couldn’t be completed by the man himself, but that’s how it is right now.

For the walls, look to Annuminas. It is my understanding, Dak, that you want @FilThemilkMaker to do the walls, alongside Lego. I’d recommend asking other people proficient in voxel to assist.

The project is nearly done, so just get this final push done. Plan everything that needs to be planned, then have a build day. This is a non-negotiable way forward, bespoke workers won’t be available.

13 Likes

Forlond is now finally complete. Congratulations must go especially to @Daktubalan, @FilThemilkMaker and @Lego10gubbe for their dedication to this project, as well as everyone else who’s led and built it over the past months.

It’s stunning.

12 Likes