Folde

Could make some Homesteads have just one house and others have more than the typical ones in Westfold to spice it up a bit. I think the main thing is preventing the whole place feeling too overcrowded. You still want it to feel like countryside

13 Likes

The Westfold is now done and this project can go ahead! Good luck!

13 Likes

Here’s an imgur Kingdom Come: Deliverance screenshot dump. Pretty good inspiration for anybody working on the Folde. https://imgur.com/a/7frybhN

10 Likes

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Folde Meta Discussion

http://arcana.wikidot.com/gong-farmer

Just so we remember to include a few of these around

6 Likes

Since the only project really running at the moment is the village, I have decided to open up Section 2. This should open up more homesteads for individuals who want to work on them, but don’t stop work on Nameless’ village! The original post is updated with projects you can apply for.

10 Likes

Just a heads up to anyone planning on applying for fv5, we’ve done a quick sketch of a layout that can/should be used for fv5. Obviously you can make changes to it but it’s a good base to build around from. Contact me for more info

4 Likes

Created a lil guide on how Anglo Saxon houses might have looked based on archaeological research. Definitely recommend giving it a quick read before building in the Folde.

16 Likes

“lil guide, quick read”

17 pages

16 Likes

Instructions unclear, turned Rauros into a lava fall.

7 Likes

Righto friieeeeends, since pretty much all available projects in Section 2 are in-progress or finished; Section 3 has been opened. The main-post will be updated with all the new projects, including 2 new villages (fuck me).

Also will take this moment to give a note of encouragement for the progress so far. The Folde has been progressing at an absolutely cockgobbling insane speed so far and I’d like to thank you all for the big effort you’ve put in. Won’t be long before we get to Edoras, and a nice reminder than after S3 is done we can open S4 which means that Aldburg can be officially opened. Let’s keep pushing on to get these villages and homesteads claimed and completed!

14 Likes

@Ytsen has agreed to co-lead the project with @MicahVanderman once Aldburg is done.

7 Likes

Homesteads 3, 11, 16 and 17 are open. Upbourn and Underharrow will be opened later.

8 Likes

As a note - “the willow-thickets where Snowbourn flowed into Entwash” need to be included

3 Likes

@iNamelessi is going to finish this project off

5 Likes

I am working on the mining guide document and I will hopefully be able to apply for the iron mine soon. If you have any deadlines, please let me know.
Thanks

6 Likes

@LmaoGetComfy has now completed the mine, and after two years I am very happy to call the Folde complete!

This project has taken thousands of man-hours and the results speak for themselves. Well done to everyone who helped. Particular thanks must go to @MicahVanderman, @Ytsen, @wheellee, @eag_inc and @iNamelessi for their work on this region.

Onwards and upwards!

16 Likes