Eastemnet

I’d have one on the east side of the Entwade to protect that crossing, but nowhere else.

1 Like

Wouldn’t they just fight them / defend their territory with guerrilla tactics though? Like Eomer did in the books?

The entwade would have an important trading town, if the guerilla tactics don’t cut it they would need some outer defences for it.

I feel like this would be a good location for it. It wouldn’t be anything impressive, same scale as the fords of the Isen forts.

2 Likes

Added.

1 Like

The camp is coming along nicely and I think the level of detail you’ve got on the gers is just right now. One point I’d like to make though is the lack of cart variation; if you’re going to put a cart next to every ger then it would be nice to have more than just one style. They are a people who are very often on the move so you’d expect them to have some pretty sophisticated carts. This one for example is nice; it has four cart models together with wooden carpets on top and clothes hangars around it.

9 Likes

Thank you. I agree 100%, but from what I have gathered there seems to be a cart design which is standard issue that has only 2 wheel with beams pointing out front. The carts are still a WIP I will add some detail around like a crate here and there, upside down chair and so on. I’d guess the four wheel cart would be an ideal option for the town folk, who drive on roads. I cant imagine 4 wheels being very effective at off roading and getting through mud. etc… But im not an expert on carts so I may be very wrong

5 Likes

ALL CAMPS ARE OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS @Fornad

9 Likes

EEC1 looks good overall but I just wanted to mention a few things to consider for the other camps when building / checking them.

The circle pens for horses shouldn’t have fences in the middle since this is where the person would stand with the rope. I also think this one is quite small but that’s not a big issue. Just don’t be afraid of making them bigger in future.

I also changed the design of these horse posts since the design you had was quite chunky and crappy looking. Always bear in mind that they carry everything that they have so it wouldn’t really be practical carrying around huge logs just for horse posts.

Finally, I don’t think you should use black smoke above the gers since campfire smoke is usually lighter and black would stain the tents etc.

4 Likes

Cool. Didn’t know that about the circle pens,The more you know. About the horse thing, I was having some issues with that rope block not connecting to anything but you seem to know your shit so I’ll leave it at that. Another good point, I’ll change the smoke blocks next time I’m on.
Thanks,

3 Likes

I have been looking for something to do. I am interested in EEC3, however I have a question I would like to get out of the way before I go ahead & submit an application.

• Based on the OP, I noticed that all of the other camps are located near a stream other than EEC3 & EEC8. That being said, I am assuming the reason why the others were near the stream is the easy access to them. I was wondering if there is a reason why it is not near a stream? If there is no particular reason, is it okay to move it a bit further North/West to match the rest? I have marked on the picture below where I think it should go.

Edit: I have also marked in game where I think it should go with a yellow wool marker.

https://imgur.com/a/gItqMtR

If you look at EEC3 in game it should be pretty close to a stream. The topographic map does not show a stream made of blue roof tiles. Same goes for EEC8.

3 Likes

All projects have been completed, which brings the eastemnet to a close. Happy days. If you see any derps or anything that looks wonky let me know.

Thanks to @iFxshy for doing a couple camps aswell as the crack head @eag_inc who did a whole camp in 50 min.

Special thanks to @Guan and @Soap887 for their amazing work on the Eastemnet Fort

15 Likes

I had a look around and did not notice anything weird. I have removed the warps to the camps and moved the Eastemnet warp.

Great job on this @NikeBisou. Congratulations!

7 Likes
Summary

One last thing left to do in the Eastemnet if you ask me, the crossing of the Entwade. It could be inspired by the Ravning bridge, which is a 760 meter long timber bridge dating from around 980 AD. Whether it actually crosses the river is up for debate, maybe a ferry could be built there. Anyone interested in building this as a small project?

https://files.guidedanmark.org/files/480/480_311006.jpg?qfix

1167p
https://live.staticflickr.com/3436/3216299139_7e8559dbd5_b.jpg

Ravning Bridge - Wikipedia

nvm it’s stated in the lore that it’s a ford, anyway, needs work

1 Like

So during work on the Wold a new tent style got introduced and taken in as the standard for all of the rohan camps. This means all the camps in the eastemnet will be revamped. all the camps with the old designs have been saved for rhun for possible use there.

The revamp

For the revamp we have to deal with the 8 camps fo the eastemnet of wich one got done a while back as an example for the wold camps. This same camp will be the example for the to be revamped eastemnet camps.
So if ur gonna work on this project and build a tent please warp to : examplerohancamp.

So for the 7 remaining camps the planning has all been done thanks to whee and since today the population count for each camp and with that each individual tent is done.

The eastemnet revamp is a public revamp where u can hop on put ur name on one of the tents in camps 1 till 7 and build away. The focus for now will be doing all the tents and interiors of wich we also have plenty of examples in the wold. Ill take care of making each camp coherent meaning I make the roads in between the tents take care of horse stuff and common fire places ect. You as a tent builder only need to take care of that tent u claimed.
Building a tent,
For someone who is gonna work on a tent i ask u these couple of things.

• Stick to the head count given to the tent (marked on a sign on a green block above the tent)

• Beds are preplaces to show the population count aswell. u are allowed to move these around if need be

• Every tent needs a carts. Bigger tents required bigger carts vice versa.

• Please change the canvas design of ur tents. they dont need to be to complicated but change em from what kinda canvas the template tents have. otherwise it will start looking too samey

• The biggers tents (marked with a red wool block) need to have a fireplace inside as seen in the wold camps. Smaller tents without a red wool block have the fireplace just out in front of the tent. (make sure there is some wood for the fires)

• U are expected to take care of the small area in front of ur tent. dont overdo this tho. See this picture to get an idea of what is expected.

There will be a guide for tents at every camp. make sure to have a look at this if u have never made such tents before.

Hope we can get these tent interiors done asap. If u arent sure about something or have a general question be sure to PM me on discord. Thanks for reading

7 Likes