Can't login to CR launcher

Before Posting:

Java 8 is required to run our modpack. Not having it will cause you to crash on launch.
Mac OS, Windows, and Linux users can download the Java 8 installer for their system from here.

what operating system are you using?: _mac os
how did you install the modpack?: _ConquestReforged Launcher|
have you installed Java 8?: _yes
when does the problem happen?: in the menus
logs/crash-report: __To report this error, please provide:

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: timestamp check failed
at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Alerts.java:192)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.fatal(SSLSocketImpl.java:1949)
at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Handshaker.java:302)
at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Handshaker.java:296)
at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(ClientHandshaker.java:1514)
at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.processMessage(ClientHandshaker.java:216)
at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.processLoop(Handshaker.java:1026)
at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.process_record(Handshaker.java:961)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:1062)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1375)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1403)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1387)
at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.afterConnect(HttpsClient.java:559)
at sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.connect(AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.java:185)
at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.connect(HttpsURLConnectionImpl.java:153)
at com.skcraft.launcher.util.HttpRequest.execute(HttpRequest.java:130)
at com.skcraft.launcher.auth.YggdrasilLoginService.login(YggdrasilLoginService.java:45)
at com.skcraft.launcher.dialog.LoginDialog$LoginCallable.call(LoginDialog.java:328)
at com.skcraft.launcher.dialog.LoginDialog$LoginCallable.call(LoginDialog.java:316)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: timestamp check failed
at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.doValidate(PKIXValidator.java:352)
at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.engineValidate(PKIXValidator.java:249)
at sun.security.validator.Validator.validate(Validator.java:260)
at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.validate(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:324)
at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:229)
at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkServerTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:124)
at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(ClientHandshaker.java:1496)
… 18 more
Caused by: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: timestamp check failed
at sun.security.provider.certpath.PKIXMasterCertPathValidator.validate(PKIXMasterCertPathValidator.java:135)
at sun.security.provider.certpath.PKIXCertPathValidator.validate(PKIXCertPathValidator.java:219)
at sun.security.provider.certpath.PKIXCertPathValidator.validate(PKIXCertPathValidator.java:140)
at sun.security.provider.certpath.PKIXCertPathValidator.engineValidate(PKIXCertPathValidator.java:79)
at java.security.cert.CertPathValidator.validate(CertPathValidator.java:292)
at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.doValidate(PKIXValidator.java:347)
… 24 more
Caused by: java.security.cert.CertificateNotYetValidException: NotBefore: Sat May 06 17:00:00 PDT 2017
at sun.security.x509.CertificateValidity.valid(CertificateValidity.java:270)
at sun.security.x509.X509CertImpl.checkValidity(X509CertImpl.java:629)
at sun.security.provider.certpath.BasicChecker.verifyTimestamp(BasicChecker.java:190)
at sun.security.provider.certpath.BasicChecker.check(BasicChecker.java:144)
at sun.security.provider.certpath.PKIXMasterCertPathValidator.validate(PKIXMasterCertPathValidator.java:125)
… 29 more
problem: when I try to login my minecraft info on the cr launcher this pops up. It says An error has occurred: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX
path validation failed:
java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException:
timestamp check failed

then the above crash report ^^

Looks like some sort of network issue between yourself and Mojang’s login servers. I’d suggest you ask for help with it on the CR discord support channel if it persists.

Do you get the same with AC’s launcher and/or the Mojang launcher?

1 Like

I don’t get this with the mojang. And I used to use the ac launcher before the merge. Now this happened when I try to use the cr. Can I use the ac launcher to get in the server?

Thanks Dags. All I had to do was re download minecraft