Builder Application: Redwood31415: REJECTED

Player name: Redwood31415

How did you find out about us?: A stream from Nerd of the Rings interested me.

How old are you?: 15-17

Where are you from?: Massachusetts, US

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?:
I am in your discord, and I can have it running whenever I am at home, but probably not when my computer is at school with me. I can check the forums. (That would be on the ArdaCraft website?)

Why do you want to help with this project?: I am an avid fan of LOTR and Tolkien’s entire mythos/work. Any way I could help visualize it in Minecraft (a game I already love, sounds too good to be true.)

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: I have read the LOTR trilogy, seen the movies, and read The Silmarilliion, Unfinished Tales, and The Fall of Gondolin.

Portfolio: https://imgur.com/a/m4PVu7M
(I wasn’t sure if I should do more than one, so I apologize in advance if that is required and I will go back and fix it.)

Plot ID: My Plot is 23:-1

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: I’m still getting used to the mod, so I’m probably not up to standards in any area, however, in regular Minecraft I am good at creating natural terrain on smaller scaler. I can do anything though.

Other relevant skills: None

7 Likes

Hi Redwood, thanks for applying! @Yannig has given you feedback on your Tharbad ruin, to which you’ve responded very well.

Your next assignment is to make a middle-class Hobbit glassworker’s house for a family of four. Be sure to check the Hobbit guide on freebuild, as well as examples on the main map (such as in Bywater). I look forward to seeing what you come up with :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Ok, Its done. I added the tree before I saw that we were explicitly not supposed to, but I thought it might be okay and I kept it anyway.

https://imgur.com/a/4g7i2AN

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

4 Likes

Very well done! The only critique I have is to use brick in front of heat sources, rather than wood planks. That being said, you’re ready to be promoted to Apprentice.

Being an Apprentice means you are a part of the project, but not a full Builder yet. You have this rank so you can learn and understand how we build. We have high standards and a focus on realism which means that there are things for you to learn. Your duties as an Apprentice should give you good grounding to become a Builder, and, as such, you will begin your first lot of on-server building work assisting current Builders on their builds. This will hopefully allow you to obtain the experience needed to build on your own when you feel you can start on building something on your own. When building as an Apprentice, you are only permitted to build on one building at a time. This not only provides you with good practice for your time as a Builder, but also allows project leaders and Overseers to get a good and clear idea of what your building abilities are. This will allow us to give you better and more bespoke feedback, and prevent any unnecessary problems. Keep in mind that you are only allowed to work on something if you have permission from a project leader via an open plot or confirmation if it’s something else. Finally, as an Apprentice you must always listen to project leaders when they give you feedback, criticisms, and tasks. Ask them if you are unsure of what to build, or how to build it. You have this rank to learn.

In order to eventually obtain Builder, please read the guidelines below:
When you build a house in a project and think it is finished, you should post a comment on this application thread with the closest warp and coordinates of your house. Then Builders or Overseers will comment on this thread and give you fair feedback. When you have achieved a standard of building that matches the basic standard of the server, you will be promoted to Builder. This could be on your first build or one further down the line. ArdaCraft is a friendly community that explores the freedom to create and build together. However, when we are dealing with an enormous project like this there are some guidelines we need to follow to make it work. Firstly, always name and date the stuff you build. We have a set of project blocks that we use - you can read about those in the new player guide at ‘/warp spawn’. Secondly, if you are looking for something to help out with, you can type ‘/warp jobs’. This is where you can find all open jobs like building houses or something similar. You will be provided with instructions on how to get to these projects, and what to build once you get there. Thirdly, do not be afraid to ask members for help and get to know us. This is a community project and it’s important to be part of the community! Stay active on Discord and the forums. Make sure to let an Overseer know who you are on Discord so that he can give you the appropriate rank on there.

On a final note, please remember that Apprentice is not a permanent rank, so we require a certain level of activity during your progression. Being active fewer than once a month will result in your application being rejected.

4 Likes

Moderate size Tharbad Ruins waiting for approval at (4035, 4585)
8/29/21

2 Likes

Sheep Barn in the Eastfold, Ham6

Inspiration from Jward

5 Likes

Low class farmer house in Haysend.

3 Likes

This application is being put on hold due to school commitments. You’re welcome to start again when you have time :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Rejecting this due to inactivity, if you return please feel free to re-apply

1 Like