Builder Application: Nikitiitta: ACCEPTED

Player name: Nikitiitta

How did you find out about us: Found this server in serverlist.

How old are you?: 14

Where are you from?: Finnland

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?: Yes and yes.

Why do you want to help with this project?: It woud be nice to see this project progress forward and be part of it.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?:
I have red:
-The Hobbit
-Fellowship Of The ring
-The Two Towers
-Return Of The King
-Silmarillon
-Unfinished Tales
Watched:
-Hobbit Unexpected Jorney
-Hobbit Desolation Of Smaug
-*Hobbit Battle Of The Five Armies-
Fellowship Of The Ring
-The Two Towers
-Return Of The King
Listened in a form of audiobooks:
-The Hobbit
-Fellowship Of The Ring
-The Two Towers
-Return Of The King

Portfolio: https://imgur.com/a/as8MiHe

Plot ID: 8:17

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: Well… Lothlorien’s style is easy enough, but rohan’s might need some sharpening.

Other relevant skills: Maybe nature related things https://imgur.com/a/JiblPHc

4 Likes

Hi, thank you for applying! Your builds aren’t bad by any means, but there’s a few things to improve on:

• The thatch roof for your Rohan houses should have a gradient rather than splattered. Also, regarding interior decorations, metal would be very scarce, and what they have would be used for weapons and tools only.
  • Your Mallorn tree is a little wonky, but very good for a first try! I’m sure your help in Caras Galadhon would be much appreciated.

I don’t think you’re ready for Apprentice quite yet, but you seem to have what it takes. Please try a Dwarven house. With a little practice on the styles, you’ll make it onto the team in no time. Good luck!

2 Likes

With like 10 houses left in TH, would dwarven style really matter anymore?

Ah, well in that case, try a freestanding Lorien house. You can find them in any of the villages, and though the houses in Caras are going to be slightly different, it’ll still help to have a general idea of the Lorien style.

1 Like

Hey, could you post some other pictures giving a better view on the roof? the roof is the most important thing with Lorien buildings, I want to make sure you get to do it properly and it’s hard to figure it out from the current pictures. Anyway, from what I can see, the roof should be a bit steeper and generally I would increase the “vertical” feeling of the house, using thinner pillars and such. I would also suggest you to try to get a more flowing roof outline, cause right now it’s too blocky. The interior is good enough, maybe a bit ovefournished but that is not a great problem.
I hope I’ve been useful and clear.

1 Like

In case you are still awaiting some comments, I confirm what I said earlier: the roof is a bit flat and the outline feels too blocky for my taste. I suggest you to go to /warp CGbuild and try to make something similar to the ground building and the treehouse you can find nearby. I can give you some suggetions ingame if we happend to be online at the same time. I’m sure you’ll get the tecnique very soon :ok_hand:

1 Like

1 Like

This is promising, I think that’s enough for now, you’ll get more sharp with the style while practicing on the server :ok_hand:

1 Like

This being said, in addition to what we discussed earlier, I am going to promote you to Apprentice.

Being an Apprentice means you are a part of the project, but not a full Builder yet. You have this rank, so you can learn and understand how we build. We have a high standards and a focus on realism, That means there are things for you to learn. Here’s how to get Builder:

When you build a house in a project and think it is finished, you should post a comment on this application thread with the closest warp and coordinates of your house. Then builders or overseers will comment on this thread and give you fair feedback. When you have made a house on your first try up to our standards, you will be promoted to Builder.

At the moment there are only a few things to do in the Folde, but please bear with us as we open more public projects.

1 Like

Rohan styled barn
Cordiantes: 11844 – 12826
Nearest Warp: FV6

3 Likes

good shit. Finish that plot well enough and you’ll get builder :wink:

Finished the plot.
Cordinates: 11840 – 12825
Nearest Warp FV6

2 Likes

Looks good, well done. Only thing is that the chimney is a little out of place. We usually just have a little hole in the roof or side of the building above the bread oven. Please could you update this and change the oven to a clay block like in the example bakehouse on the guide.

Once this is done you will be promoted

2 Likes

Done.

1 Like

Promoted.

3 Likes