Builder Application : Nicholast1112: REJECTED

Player name : Nicholast1112

How did you find out about us? : I forget how it’s been awhile but I think through Conquest reforged website and servers?

How old are you? : 15

Where are you from? : United States

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer and that you must check the forums every few days?: Yes I understand I must have these running and check the fourms every so often.

Why do you want to help with this project? : I love building and Minecraft and I have found no better building experience then building with Conquest reforged, I also love the Community and it was very nice most of the time and Lords of the Rings is a great book series or Universe as you call and I just want to be able to help out with something I like.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to? :

*Read the Hobbit
*Watched all the Movies
*Listened to most of the Fellowship of the ring

Portfolio :

Build 1, Free build : Freebuild - Builders Application Ardacraft - Album on Imgur

Build 2, Rohan home: Rohan Home - Builder's Application - Album on Imgur

Build 3, Tharbad ruin: Tharbad Ruins - Builders Application - Album on Imgur

Plot ID : -33:-36

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: I didn’t have any issues with the ruins personnely they were more strait forward, And my freebuild I didn’t have any issues with that also.

I struggled I think with the interior of the Rohan homestead but besides that no other issues.

Other relevant skills : None

5 Likes

Hey Nicholast, no time no see! Can you double the size of your Tharbad ruin, please?

2 Likes

Yea Sure can do I’ll add anthor ruined home next to it later today will add photos to original Imgur link for Tharbad Ruin.

1 Like

Updated!

I won’t give my advice about your Rohan and Shire builds as it is not my job, but I have some comments to make about your Tharbad ruin.

Your ruin is pretty good and I could almost approve it as it is but as you already know, on Ardacraft, we try to go for the best possible outcome so here are some ways that you should improve your build before getting approved:

Walls height:

Summary

Your walls are too tall in some places. You have chosen to build your ruins exclusively on wet terrain. As such, your walls should not be so tall and should even almost fade away as they get closer to mud and water.

Reeds:

Summary

There are no rushes, try to change some of the reeds by rushes (with parsimony). They should form small patches among the reeds. Do not make one block tall reeds or rushes, they should always be between two and sometimes three blocks high. You can also put some above the water to make them look like they grow in it.

Bushes:

You only used one type of block for your bushes but you should use more. Go take a look at Tharbad and its surroundings to pick the right blocks.

No mounds:

You only built hollowed out ruins with water in them. This is fine but I would have liked to see you try to build a ruin less exposed to wetness with inner rubbles forming a mound covered by grass.

Mud ponds too deep:

Summary

If there is no water, please do use layers to make your ponds look shallower.

2 Likes

Hey Yannig I went back in and went through what you said I added a Mound and fixed the Holes to make them have some deeps, I also decreased the height of the walls making them shorter like in Tharbad and also changing the bushes and fixing the Reeds.

4 Likes

Alright so ingame i gave you some feedback on your Rohan house and Gondorian tower.
Basically:
Fix the gradient on the tower walls.
Build a new Rohan house with the profession being a carpenter.

The ruin already seems good since you fixed them after Yannig’s feedback.

I think after that you are ready for apprentice rank.

2 Likes

Rejected for inactivity, when you have time again you can re-apply.

1 Like