Builder Application: I_is_not_human: REJECTED

Player name: I_is_not_human

How long have you been a member of this project?: I have been playing Since Last Year 2016

How old are you?: 16

Where are you from?: Sydney, Australia

Are you in our Discord?: Yes

**Why do you want to help with this project? Because I am a huge fan of Tolkien’s works and I am also a fan of Minecraft and I would like to help bring Tolkien’s world into Minecraft for the enjoyment of myself and other users.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: I have read the: Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, The Silmarillion and the Children of Hurin, I am also currently reading the Tale of Beren and Luthien

Portfolio: http://imgur.com/a/GspP5
Pls Like it, it took me a few weeks just grinding the keyboard and mouse.

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: I think I am pretty good at Gondorian, I am ok… at elvish but I haven’t tried dwarvish.

Other relevant skills: Editing short films, Animating, and using the Adobe programs

I also would like to know if world edit or something along those lines are available on this server.

1 Like

While it does look like a good build that took a lot of effort, and i do like it, i must say that this does not count for the builder application. It is required that you build in one of the styles we are currently building in on our map. At this time the styles you can choose from is the Ered Luin dwarves, and the town of Dale.

2 Likes

So basically Dwarfish and Dalian? and would you think that this application would be accepted?

Hey I_is_not_human, looking at your portfolio gets me excited for building Minas Tirith and gondor on the server, and you should definitely keep up the good work. However, for it to be up to the standard that we adhere to on Ardacraft, it needs a lot of improvement. I think the heights of the different levels of the city that you’ve gone for are really good, but the buildings on these levels can be detailed a lot more, especially with the many features that our modpack provides.

I don’t want to dissuade you from discontinuing this build, but it might be wise to try and start with a smaller build for your application. This way you can really show off your detailing talent, which is what we’re mostly looking for in our applications. If you hop onto our plot world some of our builders can give you tips more easily as well. I would forget about applying for now, and maybe retry in a month or two. Good luck, and have fun building =)

Okay sounds good, what would be an ideal build for me so i can get accepted as a builder?

I would do /warp Dale and take a look at the builds over there in section 2. You’ll see several houses at different stages of being built, and their larger counterparts mostly completed, minus interiors. Then I’d go to /warp Bree and take a look at some of the interiors and detailing that are done on some of the richer houses there. That’ll give you a good idea of what we’re focusing on right now :slight_smile: These buildings in Dale, much like Harlond buildings were, are an extreme examples of what we can do with our modpack. Lots of blocks to learn and if you can handle that, you can handle anything.

Okay thanks mate

Rejected for inactivity.