Builder Application: Chrisnt_64: REJECTED

Player name: Chrisnt_64

How did you find out about us?: Through a Nerd of the Rings YouTube video, I liked how you guys were all obvious LOTR fans and staying true to Tolkien’s vision.

How old are you?: 19

Where are you from?: Australia

**Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?:
Yes, I check discord constantly when I am on pc, I am already in the server, and am an active player.

**Why do you want to help with this project?:
I want to help create middle-earth in Minecraft. I am a fantasy writer and an artist in real life so it is right up my alley in terms of interests. I like all of Tolkien’s work so I would be interested in all areas of the project. My favourite style so far from flying around the server seems to be the dwarven, but all look amazing.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: I have read LOTR in the books and audiobooks multiple times, same goes with the hobbit. I know a lot of the back-lore of middle-earth from YouTube videos etc: though i have not read any books past that (Silmarillion etc:). I have also watched both the LOTR and Hobbit movies and love them.

Portfolio:
https://imgur.com/gallery/0oiBsJh

p.s: Hope this works, never used imgur before.

Plot ID: 37:36

**Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?:
Not particularly, I can normally work out most things. I tend to be better at buildings than natural builds (landscapes, trees etc) -

Other relevant skills:
I can texture pretty well, I am an artist and have a working understanding of colour theory, perspective etc: so I bring that to making the builds I create look great.

4 Likes

Hello, and thanks for applying!

Regarding your Hobbit application build, there’s a few minor details that you’ll need to brush up on, but we can cover those later, I’m happy to accept it as is.

For your next build, I’d like you to attempt a low class Rohan home. It doesn’t have to include a garden or bakehouse or anything. /warp RohanGuide will help you get started.

4 Likes

Hi Sunwing, Thanks for your reply!

I have build the Rohan house that you have requested. It is in the same plot as the last one 37:36.
The Imgur album link is https://imgur.com/gallery/5rmGDlp
Hope its good :slight_smile:

4 Likes

A few things to go over when you build a Rohan house for real, but I’m happy to promote you to Apprentice now. Congrats!

Being an Apprentice means you are a part of the project, but not a full Builder yet. You have this rank so you can learn and understand how we build. We have high standards and a focus on realism which means that there are things for you to learn. Your duties as an Apprentice should give you good grounding to become a Builder, and, as such, you will begin your first lot of on-server building work assisting current Builders on their builds. This will hopefully allow you to obtain the experience needed to build on your own when you feel you can start on building something on your own.

When building as an Apprentice, you are only permitted to build on one building at a time. This not only provides you with good practice for your time as a Builder, but also allows project leaders and Overseers to get a good and clear idea of what your building abilities are. This will allow us to give you better and more bespoke feedback, and prevent any unnecessary problems. Keep in mind that you are only allowed to work on something if you have permission from a project leader via an open plot or confirmation if it’s something else. Finally, as an Apprentice you must always listen to project leaders when they give you feedback, criticisms, and tasks. Ask them if you are unsure of what to build, or how to build it. You have this rank to learn.

3 Likes

An Update to the Builder Application - APPROVED BUILDS

1x Tharbad Ruins
1x Rohan House (East fold)
https://imgur.com/a/rECyKIS - Imgur Album for Builds

Currently working on Tharbad ruins that were unapproved.

Coordinates:
Tharbad Ruins - 4074 54 4473
Eastfold House - 13282 76 13753

2 Likes

Should be coming back in a week or two.

1 Like

Further to this, Chris has decided to put his application on hold for now, cos life.

1 Like

Rejected for inactivity