Builder Application: CaptainVanisher: REJECTED

Player name: CaptainVanisher

How did you find out about us: I found out about conquest mod about 2 years ago then after 12 monthes (8 months ago) i was searching for conquest modded servers and i found yours.

How old are you?: 16

Where are you from?: Greece

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?:Yes

Why do you want to help with this project?: I am very fond of this theme.For example i was trying to make a map of middle earth in world painter (almost done) for almost a month so i can build with my friends. Lord of the rings universe is one of my favorite topics and i love minecraft .I started building 3 years ago and i have spent more than 500 hours building on minecraft vanilla . I love this medieval pack and i always wanted to be in a building community . I am a very experienced and good builder in vanilla maybe less in the conquest modpack but i hope i learn more and embrace my skills on this modpack too. I just need motivation and teamwork since none of my friends are using modpacks.Last thing to say is that i am always happy to help and make new friends.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: I have read Hobbit 3 times , seen all the LoTR movies and Hobbit movies more than 5 times each .

Portfolio: CaptainVanisher (in imgur)1st link : My third Ardacraft house(reupload) - Album on Imgur 2nd link : My second Ardacraft house - Album on Imgur 3rd link : My first house ArdaCraft (reupload) - Album on Imgur 4th link : Our server builds - Album on Imgur 4th link : My 1st Dunland house - Album on Imgur

Plot ID: 36:-5

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?**: I am good with Rohan builds.

Other relevant skills: Idk if thats relevant but i am a quick learner , i adopt with sth for example a design really quickly.

Edit: I reuploaded the pictures with optifine installed.
Edit 2: The new dunland house is up .

4 Likes

It would be prefered if u could give a link to the imgur album with ur screenshots instead of us having to go trough the trouble of looking for ur profile.

2 Likes

Here you go: 1, 2, 3.

Captain, don’t forget to turn on connected textures (or download Optifine if you haven’t)! You really need it to properly play on the server.

2 Likes

Optifine for which version? Because there is no optifine for 1.15.2 .Also thanks for sharing the link to the imgur i forgot to.

The server isn’t on 1.15.2

The problem was the launcher after all. I had the modpack installed from twitch but now i am good.

1 Like

Speaking of your builds, one of the 3 Rohan houses seems to be god enough, but to get apprentice you need to make at least another one, which can be either a Dunlanlending hut, a Hobbit house or a Lorien workshop. You have guides for each of those at /warp dunlandguide, /warp hobbitguideFB, /warp Lorienguide.

2 Likes

I made the dunland house and i uploaded the link . I think the application is ready:)

Nice work! We discussed some of the critiques ingame. Apprentice.

Being an Apprentice means you are a part of the project, but not a full Builder yet. You have this rank so you can learn and understand how we build. We have high standards and a focus on realism which means that there are things for you to learn. Your duties as an Apprentice should give you good grounding to become a Builder, and, as such, you will begin your first lot of on-server building work assisting current Builders on their builds. This will hopefully allow you to obtain the experience needed to build on your own when you feel you can start on building something on your own. When building as an Apprentice, you are only permitted to build on one building at a time. This not only provides you with good practice for your time as a Builder, but also allows project leaders and Overseers to get a good and clear idea of what your building abilities are. This will allow us to give you better and more bespoke feedback, and prevent any unnecessary problems. Finally, as an Apprentice you must always listen to project leaders when they give you feedback, criticisms, and tasks. Ask them if you are unsure of what to build, or how to build it. You have this rank to learn.

In order to eventually obtain Builder, please read the guidelines below: When you build a house in a project and think it is finished, you should post a comment on this application thread with the closest warp and coordinates of your house. Then Builders or Overseers will comment on this thread and give you fair feedback. When you have achieved a standard of building that matches the basic standard of the server, you will be promoted to Builder. This could be on your first build or one further down the line. ArdaCraft is a friendly community that explores the freedom to create and build together. However, when we are dealing with an enormous project like this there are some guidelines we need to follow to make it work. Firstly, always name the stuff you build. We have a set of project blocks that we use - you can read about those in the new player guide at ‘/warp spawn’. Secondly, if you are looking for something to help out with, you can type ‘/warp jobs’. This is where you can find all open jobs like building houses or something similar. You will be provided with instructions on how to get to these projects, and what to build once you get there. Thirdly, do not be afraid to ask members for help and get to know us. This is a community project and it’s important to be part of the community! Stay active on Discord and the forums. Make sure to let the Overseers know who you are on Discord so they can give you the appropriate rank on there.

3 Likes

I made a dunland homestead here is the info:
Warp : /warp dwc1
Position : Close to the village near some farms
Build: A dunland homestead with a pig farm two granaries and some small farms
Coordinations : 5828 / 35 / 8759

(17/05/2020)and I made a rohan tent on LucPoppel’s and Ixert’s project
Warp: /warp woc1
Position : Outer of the camp
Build: A rohan tent coloured with red wall designs and white stucco
Coordinations : 13254 / 65 / 10047

(27/04/2020) I made three more tents a blue/white a red/white and a white tent
Warp: /warp woc1
Position:Near the center of the camp
Coordinations: 1st (12572 / 85 / 7256) 2nd (12569 / 85 / 7248) 3rd (12577 / 85 / 7249)

(25/06/2020) I made a dunland homestead with a tanning yard
Warp: /warp dnc
Position: At the sotheast of the town
Coordinations: 7579 / 72 / 7791 and 7589 / 75 / 7771

2 Likes

Hey CaptainVanisher,

Need to see a bit more activity on your app so we can get you to reach Builder. If you’re too busy or otherwise unable please let us know.

I helped with the renovations of dunland houses in Cael Uchel(I fixed 3 houses there) and I will try logging in in the weekend for more. If you need warps I will update you with more in the weekend.

2 Likes

Rejected for inactivity

1 Like