Builder Application: BLU_SKY: REJECTED

Player name: BLU_SKY

How did you find out about us:I first heard about this server from Welsknight Gaming and then Dukonred1

How old are you?: 15-18

Where are you from?: England, Hampshire

**Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?:**I am aware that I must do the following and I am in the discord.

Why do you want to help with this project?:I have always wanted to be a part of a proper build team and not only do I love Tolkienā€™s work but I also love building in a medieval kind of style and am inspired by the builds on the server. beyond that there is a great community built around the server and everyone has great ideas.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: I have recently re-watched all the films and read the books

Portfolio: https://imgur.com/a/Vv9vs

[- Only include original work, which you alone have worked on.]
[- Your portfolio must contain shots of at least one build made in the ArdaCraft modpack and resource pack (these should be built on the ArdaCraft plots server - type /warp plots in-game). It is preferable that this build is related to builds being created on the main server at the time of your application.]
[- You may include other builds made outside of our modpack and resource pack.]
[- Please look at successful applications in order to get an idea of what is expected in the portfolio.]

Plot ID: -12:14 and -12:13

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?:I excel at organic builds and hand terraforming. I also have some experience with world edit and can use it in conjunction with hand terraforming. I can build in any style relatively easily as long as I have a reference, be that a picture or another build.

Other relevant skills: I have a good eye for architecture and take plenty of pictures on my travels. see imgur for pics.

1 Like

Wich shaders you got cause the last pictures look really realistic

I think you have build some really nice things already.
The porch roof in your 8th screenshot looks awesome :open_mouth: Hopefully you will be on the team soon.

thanks

the standard shader from the conquest reforged modpack(advanced)

poppel

Alright, You have improved a lot, and you are showing some skills in our building style. Weā€™re not going to use more time on the builder application process because we think you will be able to build on the server. Therefore I will give you our ā€œApprenticeā€ rank. Welcome to the team and please read the information below carefully!

Being an Apprentice means you are a part of the project, but not a full Builder yet. You have this rank, so you can learn and understand how we build. We have a high standards and a focus on realism, That means there are things for you to learn. Hereā€™s how to get Builder:

When you build a house in a project and think it is finished, you should post a comment on this application thread with the closest warp and coordinates of your house. Then builders or overseers will comment on this thread and give you fair feedback. When you have made a house on your first try up to our standards, you will be promoted to Builder.

If you are looking for something to help out with, you can type ā€˜/warp jobsā€™. This is where you can find all open jobs like building houses or something similar. You will be provided with instructions on how to get to these projects, and what to build once you get there.

Do not be afraid to ask members for help and get to know us. This is a community project and itā€™s important to be part of the community! Stay active on Discord and the forums. Make sure to let Fornad know who you are on Discord so that he can give you the appropriate rank on there.

2 Likes

king if I build a ruin and u like it does that count?

-4114,-2547 /warp annuminas
2443,-2795 & 2461,-2821 /warp beriodin

Your annuminas warp didnā€™t make sense. The closest warp for your coordinates are: ./warp argwaedh.
The ruins you have done so far are nice, good job. But I canā€™t give you builder rank on just ruines, maybe try a dwarven house or lossoth6 will be open pretty soon. :wink:

1 Like

sorry about co-ords kemce
twas an honest mistake

i did mallorn tree
at mallorn build -253 -862
and another ruin on the build day in Maethoriach
but u not interested

Iā€™d recommend you help improve houses in Thafar-Damith- talk to @Soap887 about it

thanks
il talk to him when I see him on discord or something

Kemce I made a house lossoth 6 the co-ords are 361, -8902
and for you Fornad I made a house in Thafar-Damith. the co-ords are -6527,2656 and 65

Your lossoth build looks ok to me, however it is kems project, so I shall leave him to give more detailed feed back, one thing you should change however, is that you have blocked the path for the smoke to get out of the house but having a solid structure above it. Your Dwarven build looks ok also, however there are improvements to make, I.e the living room is a bit too sparse, and could do with a table, also the fire place looks a bit odd for the room, I suggest you look at other houses within the mine which have been accepted, and retry yours to look to the same standard.

1 Like

ok thank you

both builds have been improved on/fixed hope u like
I also did a stream near Thorins halls co-ords of start are -7110,-321

Your Dwarven house is significantly improved. Well done. Iā€™m still unsure about the fireplace in the main room, however: A simple iron furnace would work better. Also, thereā€™s still quite a bit of space in the main room that could do with being filled up. Cupboards and tables would do.

EDIT: All the same, the build day presses me, so Iā€™ll do these changes myself and approve it afterwards

Your lossoth house:

• I think there is a problem with the fireplace and where they sleep. They would probably have the fireplace on all the time in the winter seasons. And the beds are right above the fireplace, they would breathe too much unhealthy smoke.

• Please remove iron tools.

• Please mix in some normal dirt blocks to the ground/floor.

I have also noticed you have been building stuff without noticing us here. When you have the apprentice rank everything you do on the server should be provided with warp and coords.

2 Likes

sorry kemce I would have told you but u were away
and someone else said it would be fine if I built there tho I donā€™t remember who that was.

oops it would seem I forgot to mention that I fixed the lossoth house which isnā€™t as bad as I initially thought as I had forgotten to remove the iron tools. I assume you meant the kitchen knives painting, on the wall. So those are gone now though I was unsure about the hatchet sticking in the log outside of the house so I am yet to remove that. If you could notify me if when you said remove the iron tools, the hatchet was included I will happily remove it.

thought I should mention the paragraph above is new :smiley:

Could you please give us some updates on what you have been working on blue?