Builder Application: _Big_Spanky_: ACCEPTED

Player name: [sommar2018 ]

How did you find out about us?: i have aslways wanted to build places from middle earth the first time i saw the server was in some youtube video were someone explored the server.

How old are you?: 14

Where are you from?: i live in a small town called skara in sweden

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?: yes

Why do you want to help with this project?: i have always wanted to build places from middle earth and when i saw this server i though that it was the perfect place to do it in.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: i have watched all lotr and hobbit movies read all of the lotr books and are currently reading silmarillion.

Portfolio: https://imgur.com/a/xkoIH3s

Plot ID: 0;-29

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?:none really

Other relevant skills: [Texturing, coding, etc. with examples of your work]

[If there’s any additional questions that you think are necessary or could be useful, or any amendments you’d like to make to the current questions, please post after making your thread.]

1 Like

Thanks for your application!

Apologies if this wasn’t completely clear, as it’s a recent change, but we ask that you make a third build on your plot which shows your creativity. This can be anything (doesn’t have to be Lord of the Rings related), but we want to see that you have some skill with building as well as being able to build in our styles.

1 Like

okay im made a new house and the pictures are updated

1 Like

First thing I notice with that house is that you’ve used logs, rather than beams. Real houses don’t use logs with the bark still on, and CR has that option. Overall it’s fairly nice looking though.

@MrBanana @Neverlegendary can you provide some feedback on the elven house?

1 Like

I gave a look ingame and the Lorien building looks fine. The Rohan one is a bit claustrophobic inside so it might need some work.
I suggested to try with an Hobbit house or Dunland one as well.

2 Likes

The hobbit house is now done and the file is updated

1 Like

I think some more shots of the interior of the hobbit house could be handy. Kinda hard to judge atm.

1 Like

okay i added some screenshots of the interior

1 Like

okay the interior is fixed

2 Likes

I think you’ve improved enough to try building on the main map. So i’ll promote you to apprentice:

Being an Apprentice means you are a part of the project, but not a full Builder yet. You have this rank so you can learn and understand how we build. We have high standards and a focus on realism which means that there are things for you to learn. Your duties as an Apprentice should give you good grounding to become a Builder, and, as such, you will begin your first lot of on-server building work assisting current Builders on their builds. This will hopefully allow you to obtain the experience needed to build on your own when you feel you can start on building something on your own. When building as an Apprentice, you are only permitted to build on one building at a time. This not only provides you with good practice for your time as a Builder, but also allows project leaders and Overseers to get a good and clear idea of what your building abilities are. This will allow us to give you better and more bespoke feedback, and prevent any unnecessary problems. Finally, as an Apprentice you must always listen to project leaders when they give you feedback, criticisms, and tasks. Ask them if you are unsure of what to build, or how to build it. You have this rank to learn.

In order to eventually obtain Builder, please read the guidelines below: When you build a house in a project and think it is finished, you should post a comment on this application thread with the closest warp and coordinates of your house. Then Builders or Overseers will comment on this thread and give you fair feedback. When you have achieved a standard of building that matches the basic standard of the server, you will be promoted to Builder. This could be on your first build or one further down the line. ArdaCraft is a friendly community that explores the freedom to create and build together. However, when we are dealing with an enormous project like this there are some guidelines we need to follow to make it work.

Firstly, always name the stuff you build. We have a set of project blocks that we use - you can read about those in the new player guide at ‘/warp spawn’.

Secondly, if you are looking for something to help out with, you can type ‘/warp jobs’. This is where you can find all open jobs like building houses or something similar. You will be provided with instructions on how to get to these projects, and what to build once you get there.

Thirdly, do not be afraid to ask members for help and get to know us. This is a community project and it’s important to be part of the community! Stay active on Discord and the forums. Make sure to let Fornad know who you are on Discord so that he can give you the appropriate rank on there.

Please edit your discord nickname on the AC server to your ingame name so we can recognise you.

2 Likes

What’s your discord tag @Big_Spanky?

1 Like

Spanky

1 Like

i have made a little hut in evhole 3 and the cordinates is 3730 and 6779

2 Likes

BogGman and i revamped a house in tighfield cordinates are -3000 and -1382

1 Like

i have built an homestead in dunland closest wapr dh14

1 Like

Don’t forget the houses you’ve made in Michel as well.

2 Likes

i have made an house in md the cordinates are -2623 -440

2 Likes

another house in md cordinate -2485 -348

2 Likes

house in md cordinates are -2447 -350

2 Likes

md cordinates are -2492 -461

2 Likes