Builder Application: Ben_the_Epic: ACCEPTED

Player name: Ben_the_Epic

How did you find out about us: Through MCME

How old are you?: 17

Where are you from?: The United States of America

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?: Yes, yes, yes

Why do you want to help with this project?: Because I love Middle earth and the attention to detail and realism really excites me.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: I have read the Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales, and the Children of Hurin. I have also watched all of the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies created by Peter Jackson.

Portfolio:
A diagonal Fold Longhouse

A Dunlanding House

A Westemnet Stilt House

Plot ID: 36:29

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: The Rohan style and I really enjoyed the Dunlanding style.

Other relevant skills: Not really but Iā€™m willing to learn anything.

6 Likes

Thank you for applying! The only critique I have is to make sure your roofs are supported, but aside from that these builds are up to standard.

Being an Apprentice means you are a part of the project, but not a full Builder yet. You have this rank so you can learn and understand how we build. We have high standards and a focus on realism which means that there are things for you to learn.

Your duties as an Apprentice should give you good grounding to become a Builder, and, as such, you will begin your first lot of on-server building work assisting current Builders on their builds. This will hopefully allow you to obtain the experience needed to build on your own when you feel you can start on building something on your own.

When building as an Apprentice, you are only permitted to build on one building at a time. This not only provides you with good practice for your time as a Builder, but also allows project leaders and Overseers to get a good and clear idea of what your building abilities are. This will allow us to give you better and more bespoke feedback, and prevent any unnecessary problems.

Finally, as an Apprentice you must always listen to project leaders when they give you feedback, criticisms, and tasks. Ask them if you are unsure of what to build, or how to build it. You have this rank to learn.

Keep up the good work!

6 Likes

Awesome! Thank you so much!

4 Likes

I finished a Westemnet style house.
The coordinates are 11576, 1, 12194 (xyz)
The nearest warp is WEV1

2 Likes

I finished a longhouse in Westemnet Village 1.
The Coordinates are 11367, 22, 12123 (xyz)
The nearest warp is WEV1

3 Likes

I finished a Westemnet stilt house in WEV2.
The Coordinates are 11473, 22. 11211 (xyz)
The nearest warp is WEV2

2 Likes

Accepted. Good work

2 Likes