Application: YuHuaQingZhu: REJECTED

Player name: YuHuaQingZhu

How did you find out about us: I recently found out about you guys on your youtube channel.

How old are you?: 19

Where are you from?: China

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?: I’ve joined your discord and I’m able to check the forums every now and then. I’m sure to find out about updates on the server and the progress of various projects immediately (if there is any).

Why do you want to help with this project?: I’m a fan of Tolkien and his works as well as a huge fan of Minecraft. I’m so glad to found out about this server and want to join this friendly community as well as building with other LOTR fans in the server

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: I’ve seen the LOTR and the Hobbit books and movies for many times, and have thoroughly read the Silmarillion as well as expolred the LOTR wiki for countless of hours

Portfolio: https://imgur.com/a/hNH6U5k

[- Only include original work, which you alone have worked on.]
[- Your portfolio must contain shots of at least two builds made in the ArdaCraft modpack and resource pack (these should be built on the ArdaCraft plots server - type /warp plots in-game). It is required that these builds is related to builds being created on the main server at the time of your application - see /warp jobs]
[- You may include other builds made outside of our modpack and resource pack.]
[- Please look at successful applications in order to get an idea of what is expected in the portfolio.]

Plot ID: -13,-18

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: I’m a huge fan of the rohirrim style, and I like the elven style quite a lot.

Other relevant skills: I don’t know if this counts, but I am good at adopting and building new styles. Also, I love the community that you guys have built very much.

7 Likes

Whilst I cannot speak for your Lorien build, as I do not have enough experience in that style, when it comes to your Rohan house, there are some minor, but easily fixed, issues: you should never use oak wood blocks for the wall, only the gradients given to you in the Folde guide; try not to have a full block above your door; you don’t have enough beams supporting the roof, you need at least some sort of support every four blocks (3 blocks of thatch exposed between each beam, although you don’t need to have any exposed thatch for that matter); and finally, your inside looks a bit dull, because while it is correct in that you haven’t used any blocks that you shouldn’t, you could easily fit in another 5 beds, and a larger firepit, etc. to make the house feel more alive.

2 Likes

I’ve changed the rohirrim house, here’s what it looks like now:

4 Likes

This is quite a lot better, though I would change those floating hay beds into maybe rustic beds, since right now they dont make a lot of sense, and swap the beam blocks in the wall to the regular gradient. Just use the actual small beams as support, and dont have any of the full blocks.

2 Likes

Isn’t the roof of your Rohiric house too flat also ? It doesn’t look steep enough but I might be wrong because I did not look at your build ingame. Oh and try to keep all your hay blocks facing the same direction so we don’t see any horizontal hay blocks.

From what I can see in the images, it looks alright considering it’s diagonal, but I’ll have a look in game as well.

1 Like

Having taken a look in-game, it is rather than being too flat, too steep. You should have a 1 block separation in the horizontal axis between levels, and the top of the roof shouldn’t be completely flat either. The roof definitely needs rework.

1 Like

I’ve reworked on the diagonal house, specifically on the roof, and built another straight rohirrim house. Here’s what it looks like:

1 Like

The inside is better in some parts, and in others it isn’t… Mostly the fact that you have a stove, which absolutely wasn’t used by the anglo-saxons, so that should be removed. You’ve also gone a bit overboard with the openings in the roof. The smoke would escape through the thatch, so that many openings is far too many. Try and also rebalance the gradient, instead of going for the dark thatch, try the gray one. Last couple of notes; you have way too many windows, you can have 1, maybe 2. I also told you in my old reply that you shouldn’t use those beam blocks in the wall, just use the gradient given to you in the folde guide.

I’ve replaced the furnace with other blocks and did a bit of furnishing inside the house. As for the beam blocks, I’ve seen the rohanguide and these are the same blocks that the guide has used. Here’s what it looks like:

2 Likes

You’re supposed to follow the foldeguide, but ill check your plot ingame later today

Any update on this?

I thought somebody would give some feedback so I waited. Is there anything else I should do to be a member of the community?

I can hop on the server later today, and check it out again, unless another overseer is able to before then.

Alright as for your Rohan and Lorien builds, all i can say is to look more closely at the guides. Maybe try copying a house 1:1 to understand the building methods better and afterwards create your own version of the build. Could you also build a Dunland house? The guide can be found at /warp Dunlandguide.

Rejected for inactivity

1 Like