Builder Application: R4YTH0N: REJECTED

Player name: [R4YTH0N]

How did you find out about us: I found out about Ardacraft around 3 year ago when I watched Dukonred1 however at this time I was not building in conquest. A year ago I downloaded the conquest launcher and had a look at severs. I was delighted to fined a group of Tolkien fans who were building middle earth in Minecraft. At this time, it was never my aim to apply for builder or any other rank as at that time I thought I was too young and I still had much to learn. Now I hope I will be able to get a rank and help out with the amazing work you all do.

How old are you?: [15]

Where are you from?: [UK]

Are you in our Discord? Do you understand that you must have Discord running at all times when at your computer, and that you must check the forums every few days?: Of course

Why do you want to help with this project?: I have always wanted to help out in a large scale project such as this one. I also love the high fantasy style that was basically founded by Tolkien. Also, you all have inspired me to further by building and I think that is an amazing thing and so by joining this project I hope I can help inspire others as well.

Which Tolkien-related works have you read, seen or listened to?: [I have read the hobbit and the fellowship of the ring the whole way through. However I stopped in the Lord of the Rings books because I was not understanding the traditional English used in them. Now, I am rereading the books. I have also watched the films numerous times.]

Portfolio: [https://imgur.com/a/ANQ6JDt]

Plot ID: [23:8 is the Rohan plot however I do have plots 16:7 and 17:7 which I have built on. 16:7 was a plot that was just an experiment with the conquest blocks and 17:7 was a dwarven style I was doing. Taking inspiration from Thorinshalls.]

Are there any styles that you excel at? Any styles which you have difficulty with?: I think with enough practice I can undertake any style however elven is one I have not tried for a long time.

Other relevant skills: []

[I have a question about Harad and Rhun. I assume you will get to them eventually however I did want to ask if you were planning on doing the full scale of Rhun and Harad as not much is known about Rhun in particular. ]

2 Likes

Two things: 1) For your application we’d request you build at least one build in each two of the current styles. You have built for Rohan, good, now you need a build in either Dunland, Lorien or Shire, guides are respectively /warp dunlandguide, lorienguide and fbshireguide (not sure about that last one, might just be ‘shireguide’).
2) For your Rohan build, I haven’t had the time to properly check the application, but first impressions are that you’re missing a gable on your larger Rohan house, as well as it seems a bit empty, try and fit in more beds, etc. EDIT: don’t put arm rests on your beds, they are used at night as beds, and during day as collective benches, instead, use half slabs of crates, or full blocks such as baskets, etc. inbetween the beds. Use your imagination, but make something that makes sense.

Your application is decent, but there is a few things to note about your Rohan build in particular. Your interior is a bit lackluster. Look at houses in the Folde for examples. Your exterior on the first house is decent for a low-class house, I would like to see at least one more house with a slightly more high-class look, or different materials. The ends of the house are also pretty bare. And the walls of your house and the thatching on the roof should not be splattered. Instead, try to gradient it, like the other houses in Rohan. For your secondary house, the roof is far too shallow. Thatch roofing has to be at a certain angle or shape otherwise it doesn’t work. I know diagonal houses can be difficult but again study the houses in the Folde for good examples.

Feel free to post the updates in this thread and I or another Overseer will take a look. Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks for all the feedback, I will get back to you all when I have completed improving my builds.

Any update on this?

Rejected for inactivity

1 Like